Twenty Ten

Posted By on January 4, 2010

Happy New Year!

I had planned on doing one of those retrospective posts, but then my laptop up and decided not to be MOBILE. And since I am President of the Lazy Club, there is really no way where I was going to blog anywhere that wasn’t right in front of the TV on my comfy couch or from my comfy bed.

And then really, I thought about my 2009 and it wasn’t really all that eventful. And now that I just wrote that, I kind of forgot the whole “HEY, I BOUGHT A HOUSE!” thing that went on this year and consumed almost my entire first half of the year.

So I’m taking a page from Sarah and doing a photo retrospective. Almost five days into the new year. Because I can. And also, because I have no creativity tonight. I gave all my brain power to watching Intervention and Hoarders.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

January

80s-girls

80s Party at a best-selling author’s house

House Hunting-condo

I found my future home, my first purchase into adulthood.

February

boot-distance

My cat learned how to actually move a fake Ugg boot halfway across my house.

March

az march 09

I went to Arizona

noe-smile

Met my BFF’s daughter Noe.

April

cheers

I closed on my house.

kitty-kitty-barf1

And wrote one of the funniest posts I’ve ever written. In my opinion.

May

bathroom

I moved in and put up my first shower rod.

my-name

I was thanked! IN A BOOK! A HARDCOVER BOOK!

June

Drunkabella

I went to New Orleans for the first time ever!

July

darcey-kj-stara-dog

BlogHer

alix-kj

My oldest half-sister turned 21. I became officially old.

August

bacon-potato

Bacon fell in love.

September

Birthday2009

I turned 32 and celebrated with ALL my favorite people, including my sister and my mom.

coke-sign

kj-ali-mychael

I went to Atlanta.

October

simba2

I got a new blog design and I won a label maker.

skyler-cake

My favorite niece turned four.

November

neti3

I became a fan of the Neti sinus rinse.

December

isabella drawing

I went back to Atlanta and spent the weekend coloring and drawing with Ali’s daughter Isabella. It was AWESOME! I’m the best Kristin ever!

challah

I made homemade bread for the first time. CHALLAH!

So happy New Year to all of you! Hope you all had a wonderful celebration while ringing in 2010. Thank you all for coming here and reading and being apart of my life. I wouldn’t have made it through 2009 without all of you.

(Question: Does anyone else prefer two-thousand-and-ten to twenty-ten? Twenty-ten sounds so weird to me. Discuss amongst yourselves.)

Comments

18 Responses to “Twenty Ten”

1. Definitely twenty-ten and not two thousand ten. Back in the 20th century, we said nineteen ninety-nine, not one thousand nine hundred ninety nine.

2009 was a good year for you. Of course, the new condo was major, but I’m still pretty excited that you went to JL’s 80s party and were mentioned in her book.
    .-= Jen on the Edge´s last blog ..Brilliant =-.

2. Schwerer says:

Twenty-ten is the way to go I guess… I am not sure about the whole thing… One thing I do know, is that I need to get into some of the damn pics so that I make 2010’s photo countdown!

XOXO
    Schwerer

I vote for two thousand ten…twenty-ten just sounds like nails on a blackboard to me for some reason. Loved the pictures…and the “barf” blog post was pee-your-pants funny so I’m glad that was included.

Happy New Year!!!!! I hope this is your best year ever!!!!

I dunno, I hear all the cool kids are gonna say twenty ten and you know I have a desperate need to be one of the cool kids. Just sayin’.
    .-= Candy´s last blog ..2010 – The Year I Conquer Awesomeness =-.

That grass looks way too green to be Arizona!
    .-= Raven´s last blog ..all aboard the meme train =-.

6. Janice says:

Twenty ten reminds me of a trucker (ten four) or a police code (ten twenty on main street). And no, I am not a truck driver nor have I ever been arrested, I am just sayin’… going with two thousand ten.
    .-= Janice´s last blog ..all the icky =-.

That bread looks so good!

I love the pictures.

Year-end recaps are hard for me because I can only ever remember what happened in November or December.
    .-= -R-´s last blog ..Back Again =-.

8. Sarah says:

Twenty-Ten sounds like cop code to me. As a public defender, I am not fond of cop speak. So I prefer two thousand ten. Plus, if everyone else is going to say Twenty-Ten, I have to say it the other way. I like to be contrary. Of course, if everyone starts saying two thousand ten, I will still say it that way, but proclaim myself to be a trend-setter.
    .-= Sarah´s last blog ..Catching up =-.

9. Momo says:

It’s just going to be 20-10. Love the year in pictures 🙂 Happy New Year!

10. HollyLynne says:

Love it! Especially how the sinus bottle made the photo cut 🙂 I’m about to do a photo retrospective as well . . . procrastination solidarity!
    .-= HollyLynne´s last blog ..Smack Talking =-.

11. Marianne says:

I totally feel like I’m caught up with you. You’re so stinkin’ hilarious. We must have coffee!

12. Moose says:

Your pictures crack me up. Esp the one in New Orleans and the one with the labeled cat. Also: NEW HOUSE! You’re an adult. Stop that.
    .-= Moose´s last blog ..Plateau on Ice =-.

13. Noelle says:

I keep catching myself saying 2010 the long way, despite proclaiming that I wouldn’t.

And that’s a great New Orleans photo. I’m going there this year. Sometime in the next 12 months no matter what.
    .-= Noelle´s last blog ..I think my cat is looking at me with pity. =-.

Am I high in that picture? GAH.
    .-= slynnro´s last blog ..Year End Meme. =-.

I think it was a great year, because we got to officially meet! And we both bought houses! And I kept trying to help you relax through the closing of yours – and then you did the same for me! 🙂

Also, just this morning on Good Morning America, they talked about the two-thousand-ten vs twenty-ten battle. I’ve been saying the former, but will likely end up with the latter as we progress through the century…
    .-= Darcey´s last blog ..Catching Up =-.

Happy New Year, friend!

I’ve been craving Challah since you first posted it. I really need to make some.
    .-= Angella´s last blog ..Shifting Gears =-.

17. Hahaha… how did I miss that NOT LOLING label picture?! Loves it.
    .-= nancypearlwannabe´s last blog ..adsad =-.

18. Alicia says:

My fav was the Label maker post. FUNN-EE!

I could go either way…on the 20-10 versus 2010. 😉 I am still struggling with the fact that 2009 is over.
    .-= Alicia´s last blog ..Seemed to have forgotten I have a blog… =-.