Posted By Kristabella on December 30, 2010
Since I haven’t posted on my blog in forever, I thought I’d do the year-end recap meme that everyone on the internet is doing these days.
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Attended my first Passover Seder. Cooked food on a grill! Successfully! I went to Portland. I had never been to Oregon. I ate pimento cheese and realized it was created by God himself. Saw a football game at Camp Randall in Madison, WI and Jumped Around! I went to Canada and got a stamp in my passport!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t think I made any last year. I always resolute to exercise more and eat better. That again is my resolution this year. I’ve even joined Weight Watchers already and am on my way. Because I’m going to Jamaica in May and that will mean I will have to be in a bathing suit. In front of people.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
MY SISTER! We welcomed my niece Maddie in June!
Also, my friend Jenny had a baby girl, my friend Cindy had twin girls, my BFF Julie had a little boy a few weeks ago, the Hoddys had a little boy Max. I am sure I am forgetting someone. Damn, that’s a lot of babies!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Canada! That was my first visit to America’s hat! (I would link to a post, but I realized I never wrote one.) I went to visit my second family, the Martells.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you didn’t have in 2010?
More money. Maybe a boyfriend.
7. What dates from 2010 will be etched upon your memory, and why?
June 8, when my niece was born.
8. What was your biggest achievement of this year?
Not punching a certain person or telling her off. Also, becoming an Auntie again, even though I had nothing to do with it.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not blogging and writing enough.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My Kindle, my birthday present to myself.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My mom, for having to put up with me for 33 years.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
A lot of people on the internet, sadly. Also me, for getting caught up in all the drama on the internet.
14. Where did most your money go?
My mortgage and escrow, which was TOO much and I ended up getting back.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Have you met me? I get really excited about everything! My new niece! My Kindle! My birthday! Free shots! Reserved seats at a bar! TV shows! Someone @ replying to me on Twitter! My trips to Canada and Portland! Emails!
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
c) Same, monetary wise. My life overall is richer, I’d have to say.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Having the Kristin Johnsons and spending so much time on the toilet. That killed a lot of my summer. Also, I wish I didn’t get caught up in gossip and drama so much.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
We went to my aunt’s house and then I spent the day after Xmas at my brother’s house with Noah and Skyler. It’s becoming a new tradition! And we went sledding!
21. Did you fall in love with 2010?
Yes. With television shows – True Blood, Dexter and Blue Bloods.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Oh, there are so many. I will just say that I’m so happy I finally joined the rest of the human race and have seen True Blood and Dexter. People, go out and watch Dexter. IT IS SO GOOD!
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Probably. I’m a fickle bitch.
24. What was the best book you read?
Hmmm, I read a lot. I really enjoyed the Hunger Games trilogy. And the Percy Jackson series. One of my favorites was Stay by Allie Larkin. When I grow up, I want to be able to write like her.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I don’t discover music. I listed to whatever they play on the radio. And then I sing along to it. I did a lot of that with Kerri in Portland, which was way more fun than singing by yourself in the car.
26. What did you want and get?
A Kindle. My mortgage payments lowered.
27. What did you want and not get?
A kitchen table.
28. What was your favorite film of 2010?
I do not see enough movies. This is sad. Eclipse? NO! I remember! Get Him to the Greek! (I saw it with Kerri, which made it even more awesome!)
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned the ripe old age of 33. And on my actual birthday, I went to flirt with the hottie bartender at our Sunday watering hole. Only to find out later he had a girlfriend and moved to NYC with her. On my official birthday celebration day, I went to our football bar and watched football and drank a lot. Which is pretty much every Sunday during football season.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
It wasn’t a horrible year. I struggled financially at the end of it, so all I can think of is money. Yes, winning the lottery would have made this year much better.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2010?
32. What kept you sane?
My friends, the ones inside and outside the computer. My family, especially my nieces and nephews. Television’s warming glow.
33. What political issue stirred you the most?
The mid-term elections and the change of control.
34. Who did you miss?
The same people I always miss – Mike & Lori and Julie & Joe. I miss living in the same state as those guys. My trip up to see all of them this fall was a highlight for sure!
35. Who was the best new person you met?
There were a lot of people I met for the first time that weekend that are AWESOME and I’m so glad I finally met them!
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Do not pick up a pissed off cat when she’s hissing at a dog. JUST DON’T.
37. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I have no idea, but I like this song (Raise Your Glass) and I love Pink! And it pretty much sums up my life.
So raise your glass if you are wrong
In all the right ways
All my underdogs, we will never be, never be
Anything but loud
And nitty gritty dirty little freaks
Happy New Year!