Sweet Dreams

Posted By on August 25, 2009

I’ve been having very vivid dreams lately. Some of them seem so real, I wake up not sure if what I just dreamt was actually a dream, or if it just really happened. And it’s not fun things, like I wake up not sure if I just won the lottery. It’s totally mundane things like I wake up not sure if I really have a cant-miss appointment on Saturday morning that will cause me to miss my hair appointment.

It drives me crazy every morning when I wake up and it takes me usually a few hours to remind myself that no, it was indeed a dream and that I can go to my hair appointment just fine and that the frustration in the dream was just that, frustration in a dream.

I remember this from the last time I took anti-depressants. My therapist at the time told me that it was the brain healing or something and then she proceeded to analyze all my dreams. Like the one time I had this BIZARRE dream where I was working in the press box for the Niners and I got upset because this one girl in the press box showed up in jeans (HOW DARE SHE!) so I left the press box and watched the game from the end zone. Not in the seats, mind you. I took a pillow and LAID DOWN IN THE END ZONE. DURING A GAME. Which, hi! That’s a fucking bizarre dream. So I asked her what she thought it meant.

She told me it was about my dad and how he never listened to me. Which was true, but also, how the hell did she get that from that bizarro dream?

Recently, I’ve been having a lot of dreams where I’m back working for the Niners. The two dreams I’ve had have been very anxiety-ridden. Because in both dreams, I’m not actually officially working there. In both dreams, I’ve come back on some sort of trial basis. And both times, it’s because the person that they hired to replace me (I think they are on their 3rd person in 5 years) sucks and no one can hold a candle to me. But I have a big mouth and there was a reason I was laid off (my big mouth and my refusal to cooperate with the assholes in management) so no one was really too keen on letting me come back. And even in the dream, I wasn’t too sure if it was the right thing.

I don’t know what that means. I’m sure some of you could dive into that. You were good the last time I talked about my dreams.

My other dream as of late was a good one. I didn’t want to wake up. It made me want to sleep for the rest of my life. It was that good.

The dream? It was that I was dating Jeff from this season of Big Brother. And I was so happy with this dream, I’ve been telling everyone. Because it’s as close as I’ll ever get to dating Jeff.

If you watch the show, you know what I’m talking about. He’s just so pretty. And he’s from Chicago and has this thick Chicago accent. And he’s super sweet and funny and curses like a sailor. WE ARE MEANT TO BE!

See how purty?

jeff-schroeder-big-brother

Mmmmmmm. What a good dream.

I don’t remember how it started. All I remember is that we were in the townhouse I lived in when I was younger and my mom also had a crush on Jeff and was hoping he was into the cougars. Because look at him! She’s only human!

And then we were dating, he was a good kisser and I found out he was working for the Arizona Cardinals as the team dentist. He spent a majority of his time making mouthguards.

I need to find a good therapist just so I can find out what the fuck that’s supposed to represent. Besides the fact that I have an inappropriate crush on him and watched Big Brother before going to bed.

Actually, I probably don’t want to know. I just want to remember that I was dating that Sexy McHottiepants and that it was good.

And hey, at least I’m not dreaming about infomercials and the Jonas Brothers like a certain someone.

Comments

18 Responses to “Sweet Dreams”

1. Noelle says:

I love when I have vivid dreams and they’re so obviously a mash-up of the stuff rattling around in my brain. I’m not that interested in the meaning of them, but it is funny when my real life friends meet up with people I saw on TV at a reunion held at the summer camp I haven’t been to since I was a kid.
    .-= Noelle´s last blog ..New Word… uh… Tuesday? =-.

2. lceel says:

Somehow .. I’m pretty sure you don’t want to hear about MY dreams. *wink* *smirk* *giggle* That said, I have no idea what your dreams mean – except that last one. I think that one is pretty obvious.
    .-= lceel´s last blog ..Wordless Wednesday – Example =-.

3. OHmommy says:

Im so glad that Jeff’s a Jeff. Cause Im married to a Jeff. And when I dream about Jeff and utter his name it gets me on NO TROUBLE, yo!

Ahhhh…. Jeff.
    .-= OHmommy´s last blog ..My little secret =-.

4. paperdiva says:

dreams are supposed to be fucked up. Gives you somthing to ponder during the day!

5. Court says:

Good dreams! Love them!
    .-= Court´s last blog ..You’ll Be Standing In A Line =-.

6. Yv- says:

Wait…Jeff is from Chicago? How in the hell did I miss that? I can feel the stalkage coming on. (jk…or am i?) *drool*

7. Corey says:

Well, at least you know you are not alone. I think half of America must be dreaming about Jeff. Hello, Big Brother, America’s Choice is more shots of Jeff with his shirt off! OMG…the hotness. The montage of him watering the garden was awesome.

As for the rest of the dreams, I have no clue.

Jeff IS Chicago.
    totally.
    you are totally meant to be!
    .-= ali´s last blog ..The Return of the Tits (List). AKA What I am Loving Rightthisverysecond =-.

He’s so dreamy…

(Heh.)
    .-= Angella´s last blog ..Five =-.

LOL! I’m dreaming about eating salami…I’m sure that I don’t even want to know how my shrink would evaluate that one.

Good luck with Sexy McHottiePants…
    .-= Melissa´s last blog ..Now Where Was I? Oh Yeah, Firing My Other Doctor….. =-.

11. tracey says:

My most recent and very vivid dream was so detailed and unusual, that I am considering making it into a short story so that I can sell it, it’ll be made into a screenplay, and then into a box-office smash hit. Gotta get on it…
    .-= tracey´s last blog ..Just Another Wednesday =-.

12. Julienne says:

I love Jeff. That is all. And oddly enough, my last post was about dreams too!
    .-= Julienne´s last blog ..Dreaming of rainbows. =-.

13. July was my month of weird dreams. I don’t know what was going on with me in July, but my dreams were whack!
    .-= Amanda of Shamelessly Sassy´s last blog ..Blacktop Princess =-.

14. Kerri Anne says:

I’m totally telling I Look Good In Hats that you’re cheating on him with Jeff from Big Brother. If that dream ruins our chances of being sister-in-laws who throw awesome dinner parties, I’m going to be VERY upset.
    .-= Kerri Anne´s last blog ..Apropos Of Nothing =-.

15. Jacki says:

Girrrrllll! I watch Showtime After Hours just so I can watch Jeff with no shirt. We saw a preview for the new season of Bones and I made some comment about how cute the lead actor was…well Jason asked who was hotter, Jeff or the Bones guy. HANDS DOWN Jeff.
    Can you tell I have a serious crush?

16. sandy says:

I think i have your Jeff dream figured out. It means you want to put “something” of jeff’s in your mouth?! lord knows Jordan isn’t going to do it…you may have a better chance than Jordan with him after you do that?
    yes..sorry, i am pig…i have been to long without a man and my brain always goes to these kinds of thoughts.

I dreamed I went to Thailand with my coworkers last night. NIGHTMARE REALLY.
    .-= slynnro´s last blog ..And the Husband of the Week Award Goes To. . . =-.

18. Jan says:

Soooooo purty….I am hoping to have a dream about him tonight LOL
    .-= Jan´s last blog ..Swimming Lessons, Part Two =-.