A Kind of Drunk Pied Piper

Posted By on August 24, 2009

This past weekend I went to a wedding. It was the marriage of my friends Jenn and Jerry. The wedding took place in Western Canada. Not really, it just felt like it because it was far from the city. And it was in the middle of nowhere. Just confirming the fact that I am a city girl, deep down to the bottom of my heart. But I guess I can’t really say anything because you don’t get scenery like this in the city.

wedding-scenery

Also, I’m just old and I don’t like to drive that far and I get crotchety and complain about traffic and other things old people complain about.

But it was all for naught because I had an awesome time and it was a joyous occasion and I love helping my friends celebrate one of the most important days of their lives.

jenn-jerry-kiss

(Also, a little trivia, I went to a wedding on August 22 of last year and the bride’s name was also names Jennifer. Weird. I just realized that.)

I think I looked pretty hot, if I do say so myself. Chubby chic.

working closet jenn wedding

Which went wasted because I spent the whole night dancing with kids and not hitting on the one cute single guy who was in attendance. Apparently he was a cousin and I caught him giving me the eye (and not the stink eye that I usually get), but yet I decided to drink wine and shake my ass on the dance floor. With people under the age of 12.

Although, I’m sure I had more fun doing that, judging by the soreness in my calves, still two days later.

But all the little kids at the wedding and I, we had a ton of fun. We spun in circles, we jumped up and down, I held their little hands and danced in a circle with them. I think they had a good time. I was pretty drunk, so those parents put a lot of trust in the weird, tall woman on the dance floor, jumping around like a crazy person. But they all kept coming back to dance with me some more. I was like the pied piper of kids on the dance floor. I could get them to do anything! I should have harnessed this power for evil and had them fetch me drinks and snacks!

I’m not sure what it says about me that I enjoy spending time dancing with little kids than chatting up some cute dude, but all I know is that I had a really good time and it was great to spend time with my homies and celebrating the love of our two friends.

jenn wedding-group

The free booze doesn’t hurt either. Fill up your cup! Mazel tov!

Congrats Jenn and Jerry!

Comments

36 Responses to “A Kind of Drunk Pied Piper”

Fab outfit!!
    .-= Raven´s last blog ..at the cinema =-.

2. Beth says:

Seriously, where did you get that dress AND those shoes? Awesome.

3. Jacki says:

DAMMMMMNNNN! Cute dress and those shoes are FABULOUS!

You look mahhhhhvelous!!!!!!

5. Noelle says:

That dress is fantastic. Seriously, we are living in a golden age, an age of retro fashion that is totally flattering to us curvy gals. I ascertain that we have Mad Men to thank for that.
    .-= Noelle´s last blog ..Treadmill recipe and dinner workout =-.

6. Jen says:

Love the dress on you! I also love that you were the pied piper of the dance floor. And you know what – until now I thought that lyric was ‘Fill up my car!’. ‘Fill up your cup’ makes a lot more sense.

7. Kate says:

The dress is amazing where did you get it? The kids at a wedding make it interesting for us single people. They always are the first to get out there and dance, dance, dance!

I love dancing with kids…because they don’t care at all that I am the worst dancer in the whole entire world ;)
    .-= ali´s last blog ..Looking For Fluffy =-.

9. Nicole says:

Dude. Seriously. What’s wrong with Western Canada? Vancouver’s nice. I live here :)

And the dress and shoes were awesome.
    .-= Nicole´s last blog ..So. Yeah. Anyways, or why this space has been blank and I haven’t been shredding =-.

10. The dress and shoes are FABULOUS!!! (I wish I could convey the way I just said “fabulous.” Imagine that I sang it a little.)
    .-= Jen on the Edge´s last blog ..Hitting the snooze button =-.

11. Schwerer says:

Um, damn I am short!

I told you you were a dress girl! LISTEN TO ME!
    .-= slynnro´s last blog ..More Slynnro’s Clothes and Gilt and Rue La La Invites! =-.

That dress is AWESOME! I’m so jealous.
    .-= Candy´s last blog ..P-Ject! =-.

14. Elizabeth says:

Um, you look awesome and not chubby in the slightest. Those shoes are hot.

15. Rachel says:

The dress and shoes are fantastic. Where are they from? and can I get one?

I love the dress and the shoes.

I’m glad the wedding was fun!
    .-= -R-´s last blog ..Sleeeeeeeeeep =-.

17. michele says:

that is a seriously classy outfit! the shoes! the dress! way to go on that one. it is so hard to find nice things to wear to weddings i feel.
    .-= michele´s last blog ..June is for Camping =-.

18. Chris says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE the dress and shoes! Where did you get them? You look fabulous in that outfit!

I owe you an email. Working on it. :)
    .-= Chris´s last blog ..The “When pills are not enough” Sessions =-.

19. JRM says:

CUTE DRESS!

Also, driving in Chicago and its metro will turn anyone into a crochety old person before it’s time.

20. regan says:

awesome dress and shoes!

It’s not fair that when a guy dances with the kids women swoon, but when a girl dances with the kids guys think “oh man, she wants kids and a commitment and I just want sex! I better stay away from her!” At least that’s what tv and movies tell me they think.
    .-= regan´s last blog ..small victories =-.

21. Fabulous, fabulous dress and shoes!

By the way, I’m jealous that you like to dance. I don’t, and I think dancing is healthier than my usual wedding m.o. (sidling up to the open bar).
    .-= Legalllyblondemel´s last blog ..Pretty Travels, St. Petersburg Ed. =-.

22. Love the dress and shoes. Are kids awesome sometimes? Especially when you get to leave them there. ;)
    .-= ballerinatoes´s last blog ..Grace in Small Things, Part 26 =-.

23. bikerchick says:

Smokin’ shoes and dress! I also usually end up entertaining the wee ones while the hotties pair off into the night. ::sigh:: You look fabou!

24. Amber says:

LOVE the outfit – that dress is awesome!
    .-= Amber´s last blog ..All work, no play, rinse and repeat =-.

25. jen says:

I’m going to jump on the bandwagon and ask where you got the dress & shoes!

i love weddings! i wish more of my friends would have them.
    .-= Scarlet´s last blog ..Uprising =-.

That dress is AWESOME.

I’m not surprised that you danced with the kids, because you ROCK with the kids. Not many people do, you know.

PS – I always knew Nathan was your favorite. You’re probably his too ;)
    .-= Angella´s last blog ..Five =-.

28. Erin says:

Love, LOVE the dress and shoes…really, where did you get them? Love, love, love!!
    .-= Erin´s last blog ..What Kindergarten Looks Like =-.

29. TVille says:

the dress…the shoes…everyone has already said it…Audrey Hepburn has NOTHING on you and that classically elegant look!

30. Just Shireen says:

I LOVE that dress!
    .-= Just Shireen´s last blog ..Time the Fuck Out =-.

31. Luuuurve the dress!
    .-= Sensibly Sassy´s last blog ..Show and Tell: Hawaii edition =-.

32. metalia says:

I looooove dancing at weddings. It’s, like, the only time I ever do it. I’m a uniformly awful dancer, but I feel less awkward doing it there, than, say, at a club. Bring on “Twist n’ Shout”!

P.S., You look ADORABLE in that dress!
    .-= metalia´s last blog ..The Wedding, as Told Via Fake Q & A With a Bridezilla =-.

33. Julie C says:

Love your whole outfit. The shoes are super-cute. Makes me miss you even more.
    .-= Julie C´s last blog ..Juggling via post-it notes and text messages =-.

34. Cute dress! You look beautiful!
    .-= La Petite Chic´s last blog ..Three Years =-.

I would love to see the pictures of the Drunk Pied Piper…but I’m really commenting to say one thing, I LOVE your dress AND your shoes and you looked amazing!
    .-= TUWABVB´s last blog ..When Pills Are Not Enough =-.

36. Heather says:

Oh those shoes!! DO WANT!!

Please share with me where you got them :)
    .-= Heather´s last blog ..Week 2 of 143 plans =-.