How Is It Only Tuesday?

Posted By on August 5, 2008

Random thughts on a Tuesday night.

Or, why I love using bullets!

• Is anyone watching Big Brother? Am I the only one who hates Jessie and wants him to be exiled to the island that Tupac is on? Let Tupac take care of business and pop a cap in that irritating, immature douchebag’s ass.
  • My interview today was lame. I was only doing it help my half-sister out, which she owes me big time for, by the way. One, because the directions on how to get in the building were not clear so I spent 15 minutes trying to find the front of the building. Did I mention it was humid and about 90 degrees and I was in a suit?
  • It is an insurance company and I didn’t realize there were still really stuffy companies out there. Every one was in a suit (except my sister). I knew the minute I saw that, it was not going to be a place I wanted to work.
  • My suit pants don’t even fit. I had to fasten them close with a safety pin.
  • The woman I met with was recruiting for sales. I didn’t know this until after I said “yuck, sales. I could never be in sales. Sales people are pushy.”
  • I clearly have awesome interview skills.
  • Thankfully by this time I didn’t care because hello! Stuffy suits!
  • And then I went to work. I got there at noon.
  • Only because it was 173 degrees in my house and there is air conditioning at work.
  • That is telling you how hot it was in my house. Because a normal person would have worked from home.
  • Walking through ankle-deep puddles in flip flops will make your feet and shoes wet. And then you will get a blister on the ball of your foot because plastic flip flop + water + humidity + a lot of walking = FAIL WHALE.
  • Don’t eat Fiber One bars when you have to go to work. Trust me on this. It’s a weekend thing. A weekend where you plan on not going anywhere.
  • Or a night time thing. If your bedmate prefers dutch ovens.
  • I was up with my kiddies kitties until like 2 AM because OMG! Lightening! Must jump 20 feet in the air every time it thunders!
  • And I also might have been a little afraid of hearing sirens again.
  • I am finally working my way through my Google Reader.
  • Looking for a JOB is really cramping my blog reading lifestyle. The comment spreadsheet is feeling a little neglected.
  • I clearly read too many blogs.

Comments

29 Responses to “How Is It Only Tuesday?”

I love bullet posts…so much easier when I lose my train of thought….what was I saying again?

Hope your sleeping…and cool!

2. I love the “sales sucks” comments–I would’ve done the same thing. Only thing that would’ve made that interview more special is if your safety-pin would’ve shot out and hit her in the eye.

P.S. It’s taken some time, but I can now consume 3 FO Bars a day without blowing around the room.

The Over-Thinkers last blog post..Hey! Look over there! A post!

I just read that a cat can jump seven times the length of their tail. Next time, get out the ruler and see if this is right, K?

4. Jill says:

Love the blog – as a recruiter – I can only tell you that your recruiter/interviewer should have clarified the “job” i.e. sales before you even wasted your time!! Serves her right for not doing due diligence before dragging you into the office in a suit no less!!

I too was up late last night because of the storms – only they weren’t in OHIO – but the TV station that my tv was tuned to at 2am apparently had to broadcast that there were severe storms in the “area” – nothing like being woken up by that screaching noise of a weather emergency on the tv!!

Good luck with the job search!

Jills last blog post..She’ll grow into them . . .

5. Bullet posts are just perfect for my train of thought these days.

Jen on the Edges last blog post..Pencils

6. Carrie Lea says:

Don’t eat Activia yogurt if you have to go to work either.

P.S. My best friend used to date Ollie in college. His real name is Bryan. We called him BEB (Bright Eyed Bryan) It really amazes me how fast he jumped into the sack with that girl, considering he is a “preacher’s son” and all. He totally used to pray on the edge of my friend’s bed, before they went to sleep!

Carrie Leas last blog post..Facebook

7. Sarah says:

oh wow, totally slow this morning. I thought you meant bullets for a gun when I first read this. And then when I started reading the bulleted list I thought “wow none of these things have to do with guns” okay now I get it

Sarahs last blog post..Sightseeing: Seattle

8. Katie says:

Ha ha, I loved the dutch oven remark!

Katies last blog post..Something to Make Me Think Twice About Walking Barefoot in the Grass

9. I love Big Brother…and I am SICK of the yelling! Libra and Jesse and Keesha and old dude…aarrrgghhh! Shut it! I am especially sick of Jesse. Exile to Isle of Tupac…hilarious!

10. moo says:

I know exactly what you mean about reading too many blogs. Google reader has been both the best and worst thing ever in terms of blog reading … and getting anything done. Ever.

moos last blog post..early pregnancy symptoms

11. Noelle says:

Oh the horror if I ever had a job where I wasn’t on a computer all day. Although sometimes I think I’d trade in my entire blog life for an office with a window.

Noelles last blog post..9. The Mesier Homestead

am hating big brother this season. it’s sooo annoying. there’s no one that i like. at all.

My reader is overwhelming. I’m ready to delete the whole damn thing.

slynnros last blog post..Cheaper Alternatives to Products Slynnro Reccomends

I have little to offer you, except this small tidbit.

Do not waste time with safety pins if your waistband is too tight. Instead use a rubber band. You put the rubber band through the button LOOP, and then loop both of the round ends around the button. It will give you as much room as the elastic in the rubber band has to give. Very forgiving. Less chance for stabbage.

Candys last blog post..Things To Do Before I Die

15. Nic says:

I just purged my reader last week and it felt sooo good. I dropped 60-some blogs. Now I can add more personal blogs.

Nics last blog post..The crabbies

16. Evil Genius says:

You cracked me UP! But totally, who wants to work in sales…in a freaking SUIT…in heat and HUMIDITY????? Nope. Not happening.

And the cats during the storms? Mine too. Well, actually one of them kept hiding under the kitchen table. Like, yeah, that’ll protect you from the tornado, furry creature.

The constant sirens were pretty irritating and nerve wracking though. If they had gone on much longer, I might have crawled under the table myself. 🙂

Evil Geniuss last blog post..Training Hell

17. The Muse says:

Was it you jumping 20 feet every time it thundered or was it the kitties?

I’m envisioning both. And giggling uncontrollably.

The Muses last blog post..My weekend, in bullets…

18. Cara says:

I went away for a week with limited internet access and came back to a reader so full that it gives me a panic attack just thinking about trying to read it all. So, I’m trying to catch up but having to delete older posts just so I don’t feel so overwhelmed. Is it pathetic that I’ve put so much thought into this?

Caras last blog post..Travel Tales: Part 1 – The Friendly Skies

19. jen says:

Oh yeah, the chocolate & oat gas-bars…I have a whole box of those I got super cheap (wonders why). Tasty and delicious if you’re planning on spending your life alone.

20. Wearing a suit every day would be a big fat NO for me, too.

21. DM says:

I don’t technically watch Big Brother but I know what you are talking about. I hate Jessie and liked what’s her name better that got voted out. Jessie is annoying. And Keesha! Oh my God, are you stupid? Get rid of him! Put up Libra! And also, why are all their names so stupid?

Okay, well, for someone who doesn’t technically watch Big Brother, I seem to got distracted.

Love watching the cat watch storms. Eddy freaks. Of course, he also freaks if I move. Or look at him funny. Or, you know, breathe.

DMs last blog post..Work is hell. Unless you work with Christy

I am so with you on the too many blogs to read thing. I had to start at the bottom of the alphabet at 8 am to make it to the Ks between rude work-stuff interruptions.

Rees last blog post..WW – Frankenmuth Michigan

23. Andrea says:

Ah Oh…..I’ve been taking those Fiber One Bars with me to work for the past few months. NO WONDER I have my “special stall” just waiting for me to spend some quality time with it every time I’m there! Hope no one at work noticed that yes, it was ME!

24. Vanessa says:

This clearly was not the job for you. Eww, how can anyone stand to work in a place like that? Your half sister owes you huge. Like a car payment or something huge!

25. Heather B. says:

Oh my God, I totally forgot about the comments spreadsheet. And really I have no comment. Just exactly what I said before “hmm”.

Heather B.s last blog post..El Fin

It’s a good thing I did not start a comment spreadsheet, because I would be a big FAIL.

Work sure cramps my blogging lifestyle…

Angellas last blog post..Squeezing Every Moment

27. Alan says:

Got your site from a friend at “Little Left Of Lost”. So since you are looking for comments, I’ll do ya one better…I’m adding you to my blogroll! Nice site! I’ll be back often!

Alans last blog post..In Praise Of Andy Griffith

28. LOVE Big Brother. I wanted to see Jesse go over Memphis BUT I wanted to see him & Michelle kiss or SOMETHING first. No dice…

Kimberly/ MommaKs last blog post..Done

29. Laurel says:

Surely there must be a professional blog-reading job out there SOMEWHERE, right?

Laurels last blog post..Coming Up For Air…