A New Place For The Cats To Puke On

Posted By on April 18, 2010

So back like a million months ago (seriously, it was like in the fall) I went to IKEA. I bought a futon for my second bedroom and a new TV stand that will be used to hold a new flat screen TV when I buy one.

I put the futon together that weekend. I even wrote about it here and took a photo.

The entertainment center has since been sitting in the box it came in. All these months. First it sat in the middle of the living room, where the delivery guys left it. Then the cats puked on the box, so I had to move it. So I stood it up in the second bedroom and there it has been, just gathering dust.

UNTIL TONIGHT! For some reason I got a bug up my ass at like 7 PM this evening and decided to put the damn thing together. And now I have no skin left on my hands from overuse of the screwdriver and Allen wrench.

But it is put together! And the next step is to actually use it and move the TV and DVD player to the new TV stand. And use the old one as an armoire and FINALLY finish unpacking from when I moved in. WHICH WAS ALMOST A YEAR AGO! I have given new meaning to the term baby steps.

Isn’t it pretty? It matches my coffee table, which means that I’m an adult with matching furniture. Also, I have to now go to bed because my hands hurt from all the screwing (HA!) and my ass hurts from all the sitting on hardwood floors while I put this bad boy together. Because I’m old.

Now I’m off to rest my old bones. And finish watching Beauty & the Briefcase, because I can never turn down an ABC Family original!

Comments

7 Responses to “A New Place For The Cats To Puke On”

Looks great!!!!! I’m sure your hands will still be sore today!!!!

2. Schwerer says:

Very nice! I, too, decided to assemble Ikea furniture last night and GASP, it was surprisingly easy! But it was just a bookcase!

3. Alice says:

haha, i watched ABC Family yesterday from 10am until 6:30pm, during which i saw approximately 1293617826341`253 commericals for Beauty and the Briefcase. i assume it was just as fabulous as advertised? :-)
    .-= Alice´s last blog ..paintings of the pole: volume 4 =-.

4. Elizabeth says:

Oooh, I really like that tv stand! And I have been looking for one – do you know the crazy IKEA name for it?
    Also, I swear to god the worst part of moving by far was putting together all the furniture that we bought at IKEA. It was like, never ending. I think I still have PTSD from that gd Hemnes dresser.
    .-= Elizabeth´s last blog ..Well That’s Just Fine 2010, Because So Far I Don’t Like You Very Much Either =-.

Well done – it looks great!

Seriously with the aches from sitting on the floor – IKEA furniture will be the death of me.
    .-= Angella´s last blog ..Second Verse, Same As The First =-.

6. Kate says:

Nice! IKEA furniture assembly is never as simple as one would think. Hope your hands feel better (and your ass) :)
    .-= Kate´s last blog ..Bellini – South Windsor, CT =-.

7. bikerchick says:

Nice! The best housewarming gift you can give yourself, even one year later. It really helps cut down on all the screwing! Plus, your hands don’t hurt from all the screwing!