The Blahs

Posted By on June 1, 2009

I’m in a bit of a funk lately. It’s been going on for over a week and I was hoping once Aunt Flo came to town, my hormones would return to normal and I would be back to my normal self. But that hasn’t happened so me thinks it is more than just normal PMS-type symptoms.

I’m not sure what the deal is. Well, actually I’m pretty I sure I know exactly what the cause is, but it isn’t something I can talk about on here. It involves talking about those certain taboo blog topics and I’ve learned my lesson before with that.

But regardless, I’m sad. A lot of the time. All I want to do is sleep and watch television. I’ve actually been pretty busy, I’ve had a lot of plans lately, so I thought maybe I just wanted to hole up in the house because I hadn’t done it in awhile. And that could be part of it. I’ve been so busy with the move and things to do with friends and family that I haven’t had a lot of me time. I like being busy and having things to do. But I’m also really tired.

I’m sure it is a little bit of depression. Or a lot of bit. And I think I should probably go to the doctor and talk to her about maybe going back on medication. But I also know that there is a solution to this problem, it just isn’t an easy one right now in the state of the world.

I am just feeling left out and alone. Which is really fucking odd because I do have a lot going on and I’m not being left out. I have something planned every weekend until August. I’m not sure where those feelings are coming from, but they are there. I have fun when I go out, like last night for instance, when an afternoon of beer drinking turned into someone on the street giving us free Cubs tickets. I still go out and I still enjoy myself. Probably too much, if you ask my liver.

I think I need to just write it down and get it out. Obviously, I can’t do it here, but I think I need to get my feelings out somewhere and not complain all the time to my mom and anyone who will listen. Ask anyone who talks to me on Google chat. I’m a barrel of laughs mixed with 17 barrels of complaining.

I went by my brother’s this weekend because I needed some quality time with them. It was good to talk to them and get out some feelings that I don’t think I had ever expressed to anyone before. It was kind of a shock, as were the tears that followed. It explained a lot of my stress and anxiety and felt good to get out. And A LOT cheaper than therapy. It’s always good to see them because there are few things in this world that will turn my mood around like seeing my niece and nephew. Every time I am with them I remember what is really important in life and they give me a healthy dose of reality.

Especially when they come complete with a new pug puppy! Internet, meet Bella.

bella

So I’m working through it. I’m trying to stay positive and realize that this isn’t forever and that things will get better soon. I’m trying to change my perspective on things and to let more things roll off my back. It’s hard. Every time I think I’m getting better with it, I take seven steps back.

I’m just going to push through and I’m going to keep doing all the things that make me happy. I’m going to keep myself busy and keep surrounding myself with the things and people that make me happy and remind myself everyday of what really matters in this world. It’s isn’t work or bills or stress, it’s good friends who come to town last minute when you need it the most and two kids who get really excited to see you and think you’re just the bees knees. That is what really matters.

skyler-noah-bella

Kristabella, who also answers to โ€œHey! Drunk Girl!โ€, is a reformed band geek with an amazing ability to drink most people under the table. You can read her inane ramblings here, where she talks about her exciting life as a spinster with two cats and a fascination for Bacon.

Comments

36 Responses to “The Blahs”

Oh, sweetie.

You know that I am only set to “Busy” on Google chat because when I go green PEOPLE I DON’T KNOW POP UP, right. I am here when you need me.

Also.

I am dying from the cuteness. DYING.

Angellas last blog post..Sprinkling

2. Julienne says:

I could steal that puppy and I don’t even like little dogs!

I’m sorry you’re feeling down right now and if you feel like you need a writing outlet, go for it. There’s always journals or anonymous blogs.

Hope things start to look up for ya!

Juliennes last blog post..Fitness Friday. Volume 2.

3. Puppies, nieces, and nephews are definitely excellent cures for the blues. Still, get yourself to the doctor if this doesn’t improve soon!

Hugs.

Jen on the Edges last blog post..Photography lessons

BELLA!!!!!!!!!! How cute! I did notice that Noah and not Skyler was holding the puppy.

I’m here, kiddo. Always.

5. tutugirl1345 says:

I’m totally there with you, I get those moods every once in a while. Hopefully it’ll clear up on its own- adorable puppies are very good for that. HUGS.

tutugirl1345s last blog post..On Notice

6. witchypoo says:

I think I have the solution for stuff you can’t write on your blog. Email me.

witchypoos last blog post..Grace the Twelfth

7. Jenn says:

Hello.
    You know, anytime you need to talk feel free to call or email. I can offer FREE therapy ๐Ÿ˜‰

You have had a lot of changes happening – and sometimes we need more “me time” to adjust to them. When we are all “go go go” we burn ourselves out and it catches up to us. At times, depression is our body’s way of slowing us down so that we can take care of ourselves. I could go into more, but don’t want to bore your readers ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Call me.

get it down. even if you never show it to a single soul. there is something cathartic about just telling or writing it to SOMEONE, yanno?

(or, you know, you can come and spend 2 weeks with me in july when i’m at your moms and I will make you un-sad!)

alis last blog post..UP, HELP, and FREEZE

9. Christina says:

the Blahs happen to the best of us at random times. I t hink it is a mix of homones, the weather and circumstances. You’ve ben so busy with signing the papers, packing, moving, working etc and so maybe it is just your body telling you to slow down and take a much needed you time.

I hope that you are feeling better soon.

Christinas last blog post..Signed, sealed…mailed

10. Janice says:

I could have written your post, except that I am still unemployed… but sometimes that isn’t much better than a work situation. I started a med a few days ago and today I went to talk to someone. I had already been feeling better but it is such a slippery slope. You definitely arent alone in feeling blah. Hang in there cause you know they will eventually pass. But be sure to take care of you!

Janices last blog post..wordless wednesday: garden

11. Aw, I’m sorry to hear you’re not feeling well. As well as all those components you mentioned (and didn’t mention), it could also be that you’d been waiting to move into your new place for so long, and so much excitement had built up, that maybe you’re feeling a bit deflated. Like on Boxing Day when you look around at all the mess and think, Is that all there is?

I hope you can work through it without meds! We’re rooting for you ๐Ÿ™‚

Amanda Nicoles last blog post..vignette

12. Lori says:

I’m sorry you’ve got the Blahs. That is no fun. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help – I can always at least lend a virtual ear.

Loris last blog post..congrats, marissa!

13. Dana says:

I am feeling the same way, except all my friends have met dudes and ditched me so I am all by myself…. still trying to figure things out. Stay positive!

14. pseudostoops says:

Cutest. Puppy. Ever.

I, too, have had blah left out feelings at even my busiest times. It blows. Thinking of you.

pseudostoopss last blog post..New digs

15. Chris says:

I hear you. Loud and clear. I think there’s a difference between being alone and being lonely. I struggle with that a lot. I have a family and friends and yet, I get lonely. You have tons of people you know offering an ear and I’m offering mine as well.

(Adorable puppy!)

16. I’m sorry. I’m also feeling blah & struggling with some issues that I’m not going to share with the interwebs. Very, very frustrating.

I will say that a Pug puppy helps, speaking from my experience. Such a great photo!

17. Julie C says:

So sorry to hear about the funk you’re going through… It’s hard to keep perspective when times are tough, but glad you got to M&K’s for some auntie therapy. You’re VERY loved. VERY.

Julie Cs last blog post..โ€˜Sweetnessโ€™ is my weakness

That puppy is so tiny and cute!

I can’t claim to know what you’re feeling, but I go through periods where even though when I meet up with friends I have a good time, I still feel alone and like I don’t want to answer the phone or go out.

I hope you’re feeling better soon.

-R-s last blog post..Watch Out!

19. Jen says:

I hope you are feeling better soon. In the meantime everyone gets the blahs! Every time I read this blog I am blown away by how much you love your little niece & nephew; you have such a special relationship with your family. Do whatever you need to to get through this tough spot!

20. Oh lady, I hear you on this one. I hope you’re feeling better very, very soon.

nancypearlwannabes last blog post..NPW + M. Lou > Thelma + Louise

21. michele says:

my cat is named bella! it is a good pet name! i think we all get you on the sadness. it is so irritating when you know your life is great but somehow you are still sad. i just like…dammit! come on self, let’s get over this!

micheles last blog post..Jen Lancaster Book Signing!

22. Heather B. says:

You know I’ve been there. Though maybe you won’t. But remind me to introduce you to the months of January, February, March and April when I was like ‘fuck this noise. I want off’. But I got through it. And you will too.

P.S. We must have a tattoo chat posthaste.

23. Jennifer R says:

Family and puppies, sounds like a GREAT way to deal with stuff. Sorry you have come down with a bad case of the blahs. I hope you feel like yourself soon. I will still be here to read what you have to say.

24. Jacki says:

I’m so sorry about the blues. I understand and you are always welcome to email me!

That dog is adorable! Seriously that baby might fix anything!

I’ve pretty much got the same thing going on. I wonder if it’s catching? Like swine flu?

At any rate, I’ve got a laz-y-boy available to you and anytime you feel like watching TV here you’re welcome it it.

Oh honey. You know I’m here if you need a night out. ๐Ÿ˜‰

And that pug? Oh mah holy hell. I want.

Rees last blog post..The Rules According to The Hotfessional

27. JRM says:

Hang in there. If you need someone to complain about things to, I’m ready to listen.

28. Kitchen Vixen says:

Awww, look at that puppy!!

I would offer to take you out for drinks, but it sounds like your kind of busy : -).

I’m feeling a bit bluesy too, so I completely understand. Thankfully, we’re all here to listen on the Internets. That’s what it’s for, yes?

29. gorillabuns says:

I’m sorry about your situation. I totally understand wanting to stay under the covers and not deal. If anyone can understand depression right now, it would be me. Let me know if you want to talk. I’m all about talking about something other than my situation right now.

gorillabunss last blog post..what happens in Vegas, does not stay in Vegas

30. Ya know I went through the same thing a couple months ago. I totally get it. We all get through it. Hang in there hon.

Sensibly Sassys last blog post..Perspective

31. Kimberly says:

You need to just call me and vent. We can drink and talk on the phone!

Kimberlys last blog post..Letโ€™s Get This Straight

32. tmc says:

Hey there, neighbour in funk-land. I’m in the same boat. I just want to watch tv and sleep. I think it’s about finding a balance between the downtime we need and all the responsibilities we have.
    I hope you get to feeling cheered soon. Perhaps the cat will create a “find the smell” game for you… ๐Ÿ™‚

tmcs last blog post..Sing-along Thursday: Conquering myself…

33. Marianne says:

I’m sorry you’re down, KJ. *hugs*

Mariannes last blog post..Talking to Other Children

Bella is so cute! my roommate’s dog is a pug.

I’m glad you got quality time in with the fam:)

Scarlets last blog post..Big Boat

I’m a little late to the party of commenting (as you know I’ve been chasing scam-artists all week), but I just wanted you to know that I totally understand what you feel. I get so freaking down in the dumps, sometimes for a valid reason, sometimes for none at all.

But that chubby puppy thigh would cheer me up either way!

TUWABVBs last blog post..Hell is Other People***

36. jodifur says:

I’m sorry and I’m here if you want to talk.

jodifurs last blog post..Shoe Friday #33