Where I Am Supposed To Reflect On 2008

Posted By on December 31, 2008

Ah, the eve of the new year. A time to reflect on the previous 364 (or 365 in the case of a leap year) days and either look back fondly or wish for the new year to come even faster.

Around the blogosphere, most bloggers talk about the year they had, mention their favorite posts from the year and celebrate the dawn of yet another year. I’ve done it too, here and here. (And clearly overuse the phrase wax poetically.) This year I was going to highlight some of my favorite posts. But since I just decided that this afternoon, it was not enough time to read a whole year of posts. I just tried. I couldn’t get through January. I was laughing too hard. I am one funny bitch, yo.

Obviously, 2008 wasn’t the best year for me. I was laid off. Again. Just like 2007. And 2005. But it has ended on a good note. I have a job. I got an iPhone. I cleaned my apartment for the first time in MONTHS. My car is unstuck. It’s a time to CELEBRATE!

It hasn’t been all bad. Here a few highlights from my 2008:

• I hung out with quite a few authors. And they still talk to me and don’t pretend not to know me when I see them in person. Yay!
  • DINAO started on this here blog and was a rousing success! I plan to continue it into 2009 because there are ample amounts of disgusting people out there that no one wants to sleep with.
  • Bacon had an exciting year and went on a World Tour and met quite a few adoring fans. He went to Vegas and San Francisco twice. (That Bacon post from San Francisco might be my favorite post of the whole year.) He is even now adorned on a t-shirt. I would venture to say that 2008 was The Year of The Bacon.
  • I went to BlogHer and met so many of my favorite people in person. I hit the jackpot with my roommates and I have friends for life in Ali and Slynnro.

three-amigos

• BlogHer was a nerve-wracking experience going into it, knowing there were going to be over 1,000 women in one place and not knowing a soul. But it was hands down one of the greatest experiences of my life.
  • That’s even without stealing Cheetos.
  • But that made it even better.
  • I went to my first Indy Car race and I met Helio Castroneves.
  • I turned 31. The most anti-climactic birthday since turning 20.
  • Two words: DENTIST DRAMA. That’s all I’m going to say about that. Next year has to be the year of no teeth problems.
  • I enjoyed unemployment way too much, still having a hard time months later getting used to waking up before the sun.
  • We witnessed one of the most exciting elections in the history of the United States. It was monumental and made me really proud to be an American.
  • I fell in love! With EDWARD! SWOON! I will keep you posted on the wedding details. Should be any day now.
  • I got BANGS! That I LOVE!

So overall, not a bad year at all. I have plenty to be thankful for and I’m ready to put the bad things behind me and move on to another new year. I’m looking forward to 2009 and look forward to marrying Edward and other exciting things, like possibly becoming a home owner.

Until then, I’m just going to keep listening to the message Rahm Emanuel left for me, trying to find the subliminal message where he invites me to be his personal assistant in Washington. I KNOW IT IS IN THERE, RAHM! WE ARE NEIGHORS! CHI-TOWN UNITE!

I want to wish all of you a very Happy New Year and wish all of you the best in 2009! Not to get all sappy, but doing this blogging thing has been such an awesome experience for me because of all of you who come here and read my inane drivel day after day. I hope, at the very least, you got a good laugh, if not many.

Happy New Year, Bitches!

Comments

33 Responses to “Where I Am Supposed To Reflect On 2008”

1. Amber says:

Happy New Year to you too! Even although you just totally broke my heart about Edward…

Ambers last blog post..This is totally the last entry I’m going to write about being ill. No, really.

2. jodifur says:

Happy New Year!

And I “met” you this year!

jodifurs last blog post..Looking Forward, And Behind

Happy New Year, Sweetie. I hope 2009 is the best year ever for you. You deserve it!

Keep these blog posts coming…I wouldn’t know how to start a day without laughing & spitting coffee at the computer or having coffee come out my nose. Yes, I should keep the coffee away from my mouth when I’m reading these but it’s early and me needs me coffee.

4. Happy new year to you too! It has been a pleasure to read your blog and get to know you as an e-friend.

Jen on the Edges last blog post..This is all totally reasonable. More or less.

5. Issy says:

Happy New Year!

I won’t fight you over Edward now that I’ve been introduced to Eric in the True Blood books.

Hopefully 2009 will be better, since I’m determined to make it to BlogHer and we get to hang out! I’ll bring wine! And cookies! (Or cheese straws, which are GREAT with copious amounts of wine!)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I just told you this, but love you, babe.

Happy New Year!

Angellas last blog post..The Day After Tomorrow

8. Erin says:

Happy New Year and thanks for the laughs. Keep ’em coming!

Erins last blog post..Hello again

9. Lori says:

Happy New Year’s Eve! I wish you were here to party with us tonight – we’re having a Rock Band / dress as your favorite musical superstar party. And that SF post was my FAVORITE of the year, fo sure! Especially because I’m in it. It’s all about the internet love. 🙂 Have a great night and hope to see you soon in the ’09!

10. Happy New Year, Kristabella! I hope 2009 is also filled with vampires, bacon and bangs! Also: thank you for not doing a Best of 2008 post.

Amanda Nicoles last blog post..thumbnail stories

11. JRM says:

Best of all, I found your blog! Happy New Year!

12. Jenn says:

I hope 2009 is not “the year of no teeth” 🙂 We are far too young for that! But, dentures would have saved you much drama this year! Happy New Year!

13. marty says:

I … sort of thought Rahm was speaking to ME. Oh dear.

Happy New Year!!!

martys last blog post..2008: The Questionaire

14. Mmmmkay, you about have me convinced to make a jaunt to Chicago in July 😉 Especially, since my fam just canceled our annual cruise, which was to take place that week…

Also? You’re totally one funny bitch, yo. I’ll drink to that!

Camels & Chocolates last blog post..In 2008…

15. Marianne says:

Happy New Year, gorgeous!!

Mariannes last blog post..Seasons of Love – 11 Months

16. Fairy Godmother says:

Happy New Year Kristabella!! Keep writing. I need the laughs!
    Love and Kisses,
    Fairy Godmother and Uncle Bob

17. Kerri Anne says:

I can’t even tell you how bummed I am that I only got to meet you (and Stara and Ali!) at the tail end of BlogHer, but you know, I plan on making up for that in July so: you better be there again! Or else. Also, you should come to Portland. Whenever, because my futon is super comfy. Bring Stara and Ali, too.

Also: DINAO! We (see also: I) need more DINAO!

Here’s to 2009 kicking 2008’s ass in the rad department.

Kerri Annes last blog post..One Year Later

Happy New Year to you, too!

If we don’t manage to get together sooner, hopefully we’ll find each other at Blogher…I’m hoping you’ll be there since it’s in your backyard this year!!

Anyway, now that your car is unstuck you can drive my happy ass around the city!! 🙂

Melissas last blog post..New Year’s Resolutions….

Hope you are drinking by the time you read this post. Happy New Year to you and Bacon and Edward too. Thanks for making me laugh.

Sheris last blog post..I Wanna Go to Disney World NOW!!!

20. Jennie says:

Feliz Ano puta! (it sounds less offensive in Spanish!) 😉

All the best in 2009! 🙂

Jennies last blog post..Baby Urban Outfitters Model? I think so!

21. One more point to add to 2008: An Inspiration.

Your blog inspired me to start my own and to really put my stuff out there. You helped me switch from that ‘other’ blog to WordPress, introduced me to Blog Her and Dooce, and showed me bravery in being totally candid.

Thank you, thank you, thank you and keep up the great work.

Happy New Year!

22. Giggle Pixie says:

Happiest of New Years to you and to Bacon!!

Giggle Pixies last blog post..The Closest I’ll Get to Holiday Cheer in 2008

23. alexa says:

happy new year!!

alexas last blog post..the one with the transvestite

Happy New Year!!! I am too tired to blog. Commenting is all I can manage right now.

Scarlets last blog post..Holiday

25. Mobiles NZ says:

Happy New Year, I’m the same age and have only done 1/2 the things on your list ;(

26. Eileen says:

I TOTALLY tell people I know you. Cheers to you and Bacon.

Eileens last blog post..New Years Resolutions and Cupcakes

I’m so glad the second most important person in your life made the list. Me being that person, even I am second to God.

HAHAHAHAhAhHA. No wonder you love me so much- I’m hilarious!

slynnros last blog post..What I Learned on My Vacation. By Slynnro.

28. I am so happy we got to meet this year! I had so much fun with you (and Bacon!)at BlogHer. Wishing you a 2009 with absolutely no dental drama!!

La Petite Chics last blog post..Highlights of 2008

29. It was so great to meet you this year. You’re fantastic.

She Likes Purples last blog post..The best I found this year

30. metalia says:

Awww! Sounds like a fabulous year; hope 2009 brings even better things! So happy to have “met” you this year. 🙂 xo

metalias last blog post..This started as a New Year’s recap, and ended up with a full-length review of Revolutionary Road. Uh, sorry?

31. Toasty says:

Love the Bacon bits… get it?! Bacon bits. Oh, so dumb, I know. You’ve probably heard that one like a thousand times. Happy New Year, anyway! I’m also glad I just discovered your blog.

Toastys last blog post..Aren’t You Glad?

32. Kimberly says:

Loved meeting you this year. You are truly one of my favorite bitchez 🙂 xo

Kimberlys last blog post..I Know You Wanna See Me Salsa

33. jennster says:

i expect a wedding invite. lol

jennsters last blog post..i never posted any christmas pics