Posted By Kristabella on August 1, 2012
So I, along with a million other people (OK, maybe not that many, but it will feel that way), am heading to BlogHer in New York City this weekend. This will be my fourth BlogHer conference. So in true to form, I’m basically skipping the conference altogether and just going to eat my way through the city.
I do have some business cards. And on the off chance I give any of those out, they will direct you to this “blog”, which is pretty dormant, save for some sponsored posts. So I figured I should write something here in case the first thing you see after meeting me is a photo of me naked in the shower and covered in shampoo.
So here are some things about me:
- My name is Kristin. Kristabella was a name my dad called me. It seemed cool when I was starting a blog. I wanted to have a “name” like Amalah. (True story.)
- I’m really tall. Well, not really, but I hang out with her and her and her a lot, and they are not tall.
- Seeing as it is BlogHer, I will mention 1,000 times the best BlogHer story ever, when I stole a bowl of Cheetos from a Maggie Mason party I wasn’t even invited to.
- Mayhaps I shall try to top that this year. I can usually be talked into just about anything after I’ve had a few libations. And when she’s around.
- I love Twitter.
- Facebook, not as much.
- I really like red wine. So much so that it turns my entire mouth a lovely shade I refer to as Cat Shit Brown. Do not be alarmed.
- I will probably talk about public transportation a lot.
- I will probably just talk a lot. Period.
- And laugh at my own jokes. I’m the funniest person I know.
- I started doing Paleo/Primal Diet last week. I aim for about 70% of the time, so I can enjoy booze and times like this. The only problem is that it makes me super tired because I cut out all the sugar. Whatever you do, no matter how desperate, do not feed me any sugar. There is a $200 fine.
- I went to Arizona State. I have a Sun Devil tattooed on my right ankle.
- I do not enjoy fruit in anything except for banana bread, apple pie and his orange poppyseed cake. Fruit is a self-contained snack. NOT TO BE MIXED WITH THINGS.
- I’m currently watching The West Wing. I’m almost through season two. Please don’t ruin anything for me.
- On that note, I’ve decided my ideal man is Josh Lyman.
- So of course I follow the fake one on Twitter.
This is what I look like. Sober. I’m the one without the big poof on her head.
If you see me in NYC, please come say hello to me. Even just to buy me a drink. Or let me buy you one.