November Rain

Posted By on November 1, 2010

Actually, it was quite sunny today. Not warm, per se, but I can’t really complain about 50 degree temps and abundant sunshine on the first day of November, now can I?

How’s that for the world’s most boring opening to a blog post? Especially the first blog post in over a week.

Well as most people in the blog world know, November is NaBloPoMo. It’s a month where you vow to write every single day of the month. I have participated in the past. It was so much fun, this photo pretty much sums up my thoughts on it:

But here’s the thing, my posting has been very sparse of late. I think a lot of it is because I’ve had some blows to my confidence in the last year and I’ve allowed someone to make me feel like my writing abilities suck. And I’m not going to let that person do that to me anymore.

So I’m going to give posting more often a try. It will be my modified version of NaBloPoMo. Because let’s face it, I don’t have enough clever things to say for a whole 30 days. And also sometimes I go out and get drunk and pass out on my bed in my clothes with all the lights on in the house. And on those nights? I can’t even remember to take off my shoes, let alone blog.

That’s the plan. A higher volume of posting in November. And hopefully it will get me back in the habit of writing and bring my confidence back up. Also, we haven’t heard from Bacon or my cats in awhile. And they are tired of being silenced. So join me on this ride, won’t you?

Comments

25 Responses to “November Rain”

More posts from you is always a good thing!

I am going to try to post every day this month, but we’ll see how it goes.
    -R-´s last blog post ..More Chocolate For Me

2. I think the above picture should be your new avatar for all things, always. Classic. And indicative of how I feel, erm, at least once a day!
    Camels & Chocolate´s last blog post ..A Room with a View

3. yv- says:

Your writing abilities do not suck. Just fyi.

4. Kathy says:

Looking forward to your posts…

can I complain that it was in the 80’s here today and will be even hotter the next two days?
    Kathy´s last blog post ..Halloween With LAPD &amp At The Northridge Mall

5. Jenn says:

Best photo EVER, and it seems like maybe it should be aimed at whatever dork got you down about your writing. Though, I kind of like the avatar idea, too. In any event, it’s good to have you back. I was beginning to think we’d need to send in the cyber-cavalry or something, to find you.
    Jenn´s last blog post ..The Cure

6. hilary says:

I love the picture!!!! Also, I haven’t been around too long, but I think your writing is awesome! Screw the jerk that brought down your confidence!
    hilary´s last blog post ..25 gift card give away!!! And a trip down Shoppings Memory Lane

7. Lisa says:

I’ve been wondering where the hell you were. Writing is a like a muscle, it gets better when you exercise it and limp and flabby when you don’t. (Allow me my trite sayings, I used to be a legal writing prof in a former life. And I think my writing isn’t very good either. Too bad for my students, haha.)

Looking forward to seeing more of you–at least NaNoWriMo has already come up with a name for the month, right? Although nothing tops Lensolution.

Yay for a post today…and more to come this month with you, of course, and Bacon (I almost forgot about him!) and the cats. XOXOXOXOX

9. KitchenVixen says:

Would to see you write more! I always get so excited when a post of yours pops into my google reader! Plus, I love hearing about Chicago now that I’m not there.

10. sandynorth says:

dont let anyone’s nasty comments keep you from blogging! you rock!
    heck..i dont even know you personally but every day i read your stuff.. you are good for a laugh and i like to think that if we knew each other we would be freinds!
    hang in there!

11. bikerchick says:

Hey KJ, “Illigitimi non carborundum” because your writing most def makes me smile and often spew! I would love for Bacon to make a reappearance, and might it be time for DINAO again soon, hmmm?

12. Dots says:

i just snorted. that picture is amazing. as are you. the end.
    Dots´s last blog post ..This started out welland thenaw- hell I dont know

13. Alice says:

omg i fucking LOVE that photo. bwahaha.

hooray for more posting! i’ll be happy to read it all 🙂
    Alice´s last blog post ..Its almost Rally time!! and Octobers charity

14. Patti says:

I found you a while ago via someone else’s blog (seriously, there should be a trail that keeps track of where you were so you know how you got where you are…wait, did that make sense? Crap…).

ANYWAY…I found you a while ago and think that your writing is great, and as a fellow snarky single girl, I often can identify with your life as you write about it. So whoever made you feel insecure about your writing should suck it, and you should write more! 🙂

15. Your writing does NOT suck.

I would not read sucky writing.
    I read your blog. T
    herefore, I do not see that there is any “suckyness” on this blog! 🙂

Love your posts, KJ. Keep writing please? KTHXBAI
    Liz J in Central Illinois´s last blog post ..Grace In Small Things- 43-2010

16. Jacki says:

Your writing does not suck,it keeps me coming back. I am here, waiting.
    It is raining here, I’m not sad about it but I am going to go lay in bed.

17. Eileen says:

Your writing is awesome and I would know because I am a fancy professional. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise
    Eileen´s last blog post ..Candy Hangover

18. I really think you should add a new category utilizing the “Post by Voice” feature. That way you can drink AND post and entertain us all at the same time.
    JENNerilizations´s last blog post ..The Anal Assassin

I’m right there witcha.
    Ree´s last blog post ..Tales from the ‘Hood – Parts one and dos

20. Schwerer says:

Can I have the name of this person so I can beat him/her up? You rock, and dont you ever forget it!

21. mouncie123 says:

I have totally missed the writings of Kristabella! I love to read your posts. They always bring a much needed smile to my aging face ; )
    I miss kitties and bacon too!!
    Nice to see you again –

22. Fairy Godmother says:

I’m glad you finally posted something. I missed checking up with you. Tell whoever said your writing sucks that your Fairy Godmother says to F -off!! Don’t expect that from an old lady huh?

Love you!

23. Jessica says:

DUDE!! Whoever said your posts aren’t good has a head injury. Plus they are obviously NOT FUN, are missing their humor sector in their brain along with multiple brain cells!! I think your posts are hilar!!! You have such a talent for capturing the funny in the ordinary, everyday events, which I feel makes you truly gifted! So to whoever told you you aren’t good can SUCK ON THAT!!!!!

24. Jessica says:

also, still waiting on a curtis post…

25. regan says:

I would like that picture to be the backdrop on my phone, desk top, ipad, EVERYTHING.
    regan´s last blog post ..pms- its not just for women anymore