Vacation Over. Nap Required.

Posted By on August 31, 2010

I’m back from Portland. I’ve been back since Monday afternoon. And I’m still recovering. I need a vacation from my vacation. But I’m out of vacation time, so I just have to rely on holidays until the end of the year. Upcoming Labor Day weekend FTW!

I want to tell you all about my trip. Even though no one really cares, because it was my trip and who wants to read about my fun and my awesome times and my days off from work?

But I’m too tired. I went to bed last night at 9 PM, which was actually a smart thing because I didn’t sleep well at all. First I woke up around 11 PM from a dream where Spike from Top Chef was my doctor and diagnosed me with a brain tumor. And I woke up freaked the fuck out and not worried at all about the fact that a chef was my doctor, but convinced that my dreams were telling me I had a brain tumor. You try getting back to sleep after that kind of dream. GOOD LUCK TO YOU.

When I woke up, I realized that my internal clock had made the shift to Pacific time and it felt like it was 5 AM and not 7 AM. That’s no way to start your work week.

I want to tell you all about my awesome visit to Portland. And about the awesome food in Portland, and the awesome wine and beer. I want to tell you all about the fabulous times I spent with Rhi and Kerri (and Kramey and Amanda and others). I want to tell you about Rhi’s wedding and the fun times we had! And I need to tell you about Nick, who is so perplexed by blogging and Twitter that he asked us to write about him.

But it is going to have to wait. Because my brain can’t handle more than keeping my eyes open and my body upright. And now that it is close enough to bed time, it is time for me to go to bed and to read my book and attempt to win as many games of Catan as I can so I can become this:

I’ll also be celebrating the fact that my Gram should be coming home to her house on Saturday! No more rehab! Cross your fingers that all of the Is get dotted and Ts get crossed and it happens as it should!

Comments

10 Responses to “Vacation Over. Nap Required.”

Yay Gram!

I actually do want to hear about Portland because I might want to go there sometime and always look for anecdotal accounts from people I know before crap I read on like trip advisor or whatever. Did you go to Voodoo donuts? I REALLY want a Voodoo donut.
    Raven´s last blog post ..photo album

2. hilary says:

My fingers and toes are crossed for your Gram!
    hilary´s last blog post ..Do you want that crystal ball

3. mouncie123 says:

Welcome Home Friend!

I’m glad you had so much fun in Portland. And good luck to your Gram!
    -R-´s last blog post ..Skulking in the Target Parking Lot

5. Matt says:

I just have to point out how much you suck for making me aware there is a Settlers of Catan iPhone app.

My future lack of productivity thanks you. Jerk.
    Matt´s last blog post ..Wedding video montage

6. Gav says:

Good luck Gram!
    And how addictive is Setllers?!
    Gav´s last blog post ..Steak &amp Guinness Pie with a Puff Pastry Lid

7. jodifur says:

We have that actual board game. Doug loves it.
    jodifur´s last blog post ..Life Is Good

8. Kerri Anne says:

Hurrah for your gram! That’s great! news.

After reading Raven’s comment, I’m feeling bad that I didn’t think to take you to Voodoo. (I’m not a donut girl!) But it really is hilarious. Bacon maple bars? Simultaneously amazing and horrifying.

I also haven’t been able to play Angry Birds since you left because I just start having Tourette’s and it’s not pretty. EFFING STUPID BIRDS THAT DON’T EXPLODE AT THE CORRECT ANGLES. MOTHER EFFING STUPID SMUG PIGS THAT WILL NOT DIE.

Ahem. This is why I am steering clear for now. Clearly I am too invested in this game.

Also: I need to upload pictures! (I think I got some really good ones!)

Also: “When the world slips you a Jeffrey, stroke the furry wall.”
    Kerri Anne´s last blog post ..The Things I Carry

9. Erin says:

Yay for Gram getting to go home! And Yay for Portland because seriously? This city is awesome. I’m glad you liked it here!

Hooray about your Gram!!!

And hooray for a good visit – those Portland girls are awesome (as are you).
    Angella´s last blog post ..Won’t You Be My Neighbor