The Sky Is Falling

Posted By on July 21, 2008

I had all intentions of writing a BlogHer recap post, even just a small one, to tell you all about the absolutely fan-fucking-tastic time I had in San Francisco. I even started writing it in the airport this afternoon while I waited for my delayed flight to board and was a few feet from Y, who was probably doing the same thing.

And the post was all sappy and it gave me a toothache because the past four days were just awesome. There are no words. And I had the BEST ROOMMATES EVER. Note to all of you, hands off Slynnro and Ali, they are SO rooming with me next year. We are the Honesty Group.

But then my post changed when I walked in my house at the lovely hour of midnight and saw this:

First thought: WHAT THE FUCK DID THE CATS DO WHILE I WAS GONE?

Second thought: At least my cats didn’t die locked up in a hot, humid house for days on end.

Third thought: WHAT THE FUCK DID THEY DO?

Fourth thought: Look up, dumbass.

And so I did. And this is what I saw:

So shit fuck damn. My ceiling decided to FALL APART while I was away. That’s a hundred kinds of awesome.

But it totally gives me a reason to sleep in tomorrow and maybe not have to go in to work. I already called my boss’s voice mail to tell her HOLE IN CEILING. BAD. FAIL WHALE.

So my BlogHer recap is going to have to wait. And there are some good stories, including meeting Dooce, stealing Cheetos and showing Ali and Slynnro all about my crazy bond with taxi drivers.

Comments

33 Responses to “The Sky Is Falling”

1. HouseofJules says:

I’m so sorry to see your apartment got angry with you being gone, out in the world having a blast! That sucks! I wonder if ceiling cat was trying to look in on your own cats while you were in SF? Anyway, enjoy sleeping in! Can’t wait to hear about BlogHer.
    Jules
    House of Jules

HouseofJules’s last blog post..Whether it’s “snack” or “sack” is debatable; what’s certain is that it’s extraordinary

Um, I’m pretty sure shit fuck damn was supposed to be the title of the post. DUH.

slynnro’s last blog post..IIIIIIII haaaaaaaad the time of my liiiiiiiiiiiiiiife.

3. I seriously thought that those were pancakes on the ground.

That someone had snuck into your house and was making pancakes and then was about to get caught and they fled and there was the evidence.

I’m evidently hungry.

4. Laurel says:

Stupid ceiling! I wouldn’t put such destruction past those cats, though…

Laurel’s last blog post..The First Goodbye

5. Lauren says:

That is definitely not something fun to come home to.

Lauren’s last blog post..What Happens When You’re Feeling Crafty….

6. Lys says:

Hot damn! Well, at least you know they won’t need you at work today and you can recover from BlogHer. Can’t wait for the recap.

Lys’s last blog post..Warning: New Additions To The Closet…

was it Chicken Little with the sky falling? I forget.

Ree’s last blog post..Sunday Night

8. Kristie says:

Oh man, that sucks! I hope it gets fixed really soon.

It was so great to meet you. I wish we would have had a chance to say goodbye. Next year, maybe.

Kristie’s last blog post..A little over 24 hours in…

9. betsey says:

hey! shit fuck damn! that’s my line 🙂 anyway, so so sorry we missed you in sf. stoopid moving. blah. can’t wait to hear about your weekend!

10. jennster says:

fuck your ceiling dammit! POST ABOUT BLOGHER! lol
    it was awesome meeting you! i love you!

jennster’s last blog post..so, i’m just going to talk about the drama

11. Oh bummer about the ceiling, but excellent use of the situation to score a day off work.

Jen on the Edge’s last blog post..Wow!

12. Oh no, that’s terrible! Those damn cats, they were totally trying to bungee jump from your ceiling again. Probably emailed MY cats for instructions on how to do it.

(PS: It was great to meet you at last!)

Nothing But Bonfires’s last blog post..Putting the Eek in Weekend

13. Cara says:

What a great homecoming. A couple of years ago, we came home from a trip to Mexico in January to find our heater not working. We couldn’t get anybody out for 2 days! So in 4 degree weather, we had huddle around our gas fireplace for warmth. Fantastic. The good news was there was some serious cuddling *wink* going on.

Can’t wait to hear about Blogher!!

Cara’s last blog post..Six Things You Need To Know

14. JRM says:

How did you meet your roomates? Did you go through some sort of freshman year pot-luck dorm assignment?

JRM’s last blog post..Maybe Things Aren’t That Bad

Yikes! Not something good to come home to…atleast you rent & can just CALL the apartment office to get it fixed. I can’t wait to hear what they say caused it. Too weird.

16. The Muse says:

I bet your upstairs neighbors were perfecting, what I like to call, “hippopotami gymnastics.” My old upstairs neighbors were gold medalists.

And since they’ve moved out, I’ve had noisy construction workers replacing them. Try to imagine a bunch of potheads carrying slabs of granite and marble through narrow doorways. That sound? My new alarm clock.

The Muse’s last blog post..Whip it Up II – Lemon Curd

17. Vanessa says:

Sucky about your ceiling! It was great to meet you in person finally even if it was short. The whole weekend went by so fast and I can hardly wait for next year, it was so much fun. Tell your landlord to grab a ladder and get his ass over, he’s got a patch job to take care of!

18. Ashmystir says:

Damn cats!

lol.

Ashmystir’s last blog post..scenes from the weekend…

Holy crap!!

SO GREAT to meet you and hang out! You are all sorts of awesome.

Angella’s last blog post..To All The Blogs I’ve Loved Before

20. Celia says:

Oh No! I can’t wait to hear more about BlogHer, Kristabella style. I agree that a hole in your ceiling is a great excuse to skip work.

Celia’s last blog post..Get Nothing Done This Weekend, Check

21. whitney says:

This is why you should have a hamster as a pet. They don’t cause ceiling damage. (I don’t think…I should really start on that FAQ, question number one will be: Do hamsters cause ceiling damage?)

whitney’s last blog post..My BlogHer Recap

22. What a thing to come home to, especially after you had such a great time at BlogHer!

Bummer . . .

Liz J in Central Illinois’s last blog post..24 Years Ago . . . (pt. 4)

23. Amber says:

Oh, crap. Still, um, at least you had a fun weekend, right?

Amber’s last blog post..List-tastic, baby!

24. heather says:

I wish I’d been there for the cheeto stealing. I heard tell of it, but it’s not the same.

So glad I met you this weekend! Woo BlogCamp!

heather’s last blog post..What I Learned At BlogCamp

25. Crazy bond with taxi drivers!!! Tell us more!

26. Jenn says:

Whoa! Crap. The cats were probably scared of you coming home and blaming them. They were all like “how do we explain this to the human? She’ll never beleive us. AND, we can’t talk!”
    Glad you had fun and that you made it home safe.

The cats knew you needed to sleep in.

Scarlet’s last blog post..Bodysnatchers

28. Is this the wrong time to say I really like your crown molding?

The Over-Thinker’s last blog post..And then I became Canadian….and it didn’t even involve alcohol!

29. Evil Genius says:

Can I borrow your cats for a while? I could use a day off and my ceiling is refusing to disintegrate on its own. Bastard ceiling plaster.

lol

Evil Genius’s last blog post..I Think My Ass is Still Asleep

30. DM says:

Isn’t it amazing how you automatically blame the cat? I always do. How awesome that you had a great trip! Can’t wait for the recap.

DM’s last blog post..G is for Growing up on Griffin

Sounds like you had a great time. And you met the famous Dooce…. Where’s BlogHer gonna be next year???

Just have Bacon fix the ceiling. Or is he too hung over???

Sheri’s last blog post..Where Did it All Go???

32. rye says:

Oh, no! I once lived with five people in an old house (circa 1890’s!), and the plaster from the ceiling would fall almost every time it rained. And then we’d call the landlord, and he’d send someone over to paint it. Because clearly PAINT was the answer. Two weeks later it would fall again. Gah!

rye’s last blog post..so tell me what you want, what you really, really want