The Internet Is A Marvelous Place

Posted By on April 7, 2008

I’m so glad you all made it to my new digs. I was freaking out yesterday and panicking because I didn’t think the feed would show up and you’d all be lost forever. And then you’d be getting an email from me telling you to “Come Baaaaaccck! Pleeeeeeeease!”

So thank God for small miracles. And the beauty that is RSS.

Since I was out tonight watching the basketball, even though UCLA is dead to me because their loss on Saturday lost me $400. I had never made it that far in the Survivor Pool and then I finally get so close I can taste it, only to have my joy foiled by a Pac-10 team I HATE already.

They don’t call it March Madness for nothing.

~~~~~~

So I’m digging the new site, since it isn’t really all that difference since it is still WordPress. But I’m a little annoyed with the fact that I’m not getting emails for my comments. (See paranoia above.)

I got a few yesterday and then one this morning. So for any of you new commenters, welcome! And please stay! Try the veal!

~~~~~~

As for the wine photo, since I know you all miss it as much as I do, I haven’t figured out how to customize the header photo. So I shall be asking you smarty internet codey people for help. I like the colors, but I miss mah wine.

I did figure out how to make it say Kristabella: Full of Snark Since 1977 instead of Ambient Glo. That only took days.

~~~~~~

Anyway, I wanted to share some interweb things for you to have a gander at. And go look at them. Because I said so.

First off, the fabulously talented NPW over at Musings of a Semi-Coherent Mind, who was my Secret Blogger Santa which makes her even awesomer, did an awesome blogging experiment. She did the first ever Choose Your Own Blogventure. It ran on Friday and had a ton of people in on it, a ton of talented writers. I highly suggest you read it ALL because the stories are so different and all awesome. Mini-ninjas, flamethrowers and cupcakes, OH MY!

Hopefully I can partake in the next one! If she recovers from this one.

~~~~~~

So Sarah over at Snarkalicious is hosting a Boob-A-Thon. And any guys reading, you might want to click over now. There are pictures of real honest to goodness boobies! OK, mostly clevage, but still!

Sarah’s friend Jules is participating in the Avon 3-Day Walk and she needs some help raising money. So Sarah is donating $1 a boob that is shown on here site. That means that each boob shot is $2 for the cause. Unless you are some sort of five-boobed freak. And if so, please send in a photo because who wouldn’t want to see that?

So ladies, please find your best boob shot and send it over to Sarah! Show us your ta-tas!

~~~~~~~

Do you guys love the internet? Do you love Celeb Gossip? Do you love reality television and all that it offers?

Well then get your ass over to MamaPop Talk! I just recently signed up as a moderator on the message boards and we need some people to talk to besides ourselves. And I need to know what everyone’s opinions are on all things gossip. So head over there and sign up and talk away!

~~~~~~

Have you guys been over to GraphJam? It is a new site from the geniuses at I Can Has Cheezbuger. And let me tell you, it is fantastic.

I especially like this one. And this one.

So go check it out.

And now it is time for bed. Because I’ve had too many beers for a Monday night. That is all.

Comments

17 Responses to “The Internet Is A Marvelous Place”

1. Amber says:

Love the new site, but glad you haven’t given up on the glass of wine. That picture helps me get through my day…

Amber’s last blog post..Everything including the kitchen sink

2. Noelle says:

That’s a lot of links that I’ll have to click on at some point, but I feel like I should leave you a comment first, because I’ll forget to do so otherwise.

I declined to participate in March Madness this year, and I think it’s in my top ten good decisions this year.

Noelle’s last blog post..No excuse not to run now

3. Yay for CYOB! I’m so glad you enjoyed it. The next time I run it and have open cast calls, you can bet your name will be on the list of authors. Also: I heart Graph Jam.

4. witchypoo says:

Best way to include the header in self hosted WP is to include it as a background image url in the CSS.
    If I’m talking Chinese to you here, just upload it to your images folder,and I can send you the proper file to rectify it.

witchypoo’s last blog post..A Shadow of my Former Self

Thank you for turning me onto Graph Jam. I heart it.

Raven’s last blog post..“real” recap

You think you know a person. And then WHAM! they launch a new site on you that they NEVER EVEN HINTED AT in the 170 EMAILS we share every frigging day.

You’re just a stranger to me now.

Candy’s last blog post..In case you were wondering…

7. moo says:

Graph Jam? from the lolspeak-ers?

::running over to check it out::

moo’s last blog post..photo challenge, rough & smooth (plus, a bonus!)

8. Laurel says:

What a lot of awesome links… how did you know that I was home sick today? 🙂

Laurel’s last blog post..Musicals

9. Sarah says:

Thanks for the plug! It’s almost time for the next round of boobies to debut — so be sure to check out your ta-ta’s later! 🙂

Sarah’s last blog post..Boob-A-Thon (Round 2)

10. LarryLilly says:

OK

Those &^%$&^% memphis tigers. They had to make ONE stinking free throw in the last 2 minutes to win, but no, they choke like a big dog. I was at that time second in the pool, and I would have won since I had 128 total points, and at the time, end of regulation, IF they had made ONE free throw, and won by a point would have been at 125 and the next guy was like 150 something

BUT NOOOOooooooo…

Oh well,

where are your boobies?

LarryLilly’s last blog post..Its been a long time….

11. LarryLilly says:

And I dont mean under your bra!

LOL

LarryLilly’s last blog post..Its been a long time….

12. The Muse says:

Instead of the veal, I’m going to enjoy a strawberry frosted pop tart while reading. If that’s ok with you, of course. 😉

The Muse’s last blog post..I have proof!

Congrats on the new digs. Im headed to mamapop now! I better now get addicted.

Scarlet’s last blog post..Southern Girl

Just kidding…can’t register??

Scarlet’s last blog post..Southern Girl

15. Marianne says:

That Graph site was hilarious!

Marianne’s last blog post..Whining as a Career

16. jen says:

As usual I’m late to the party. Congrats on your new site. How exciting! I’ll go now and update my interview link ey?

jen’s last blog post..Mini cam