Posted By Kristabella on November 23, 2011
It is Thanksgiving Eve and I’m currently baking and amazing cake for tomorrow’s festivities. I’m not having any wine with this because it doesn’t go well with the antibiotics and pain killers that I’m on. But I will be partaking in some traditional Thanksgiving mimosas tomorrow because it is a holiday and I’ll be around others. Plus, my aunt is a nurse, so I’m sure she’ll tell me when I look like I’m going to stop breathing or something.
But I figured I would take some time and remind myself what this holiday is about and what I am thankful for this year. In no particular order:
- My family
- My amazing friends who check up on me after I have oral surgery and are there for me whenever I need them, and I for them
- My cats and their unconditional love
- An awesome job that I love
- A job with health and dental insurance so I can take care of myself and go through oral surgery, you know, for fun
- A roof above my head that I bought, all by myself
- Thanksgiving mimosas
- My TV and DVR
- More pain killers from the dentist (I went today and boy oh boy, do I have a good blog post about it)
- All of you reading this site right now!
I just looked through my archives and I’m sure I’ve posted something very similar to this the past few years. But it doesn’t mean it isn’t true. And sometimes, it takes holidays like this to remind us how lucky we all are. It’s nice to sit and think about all the good things we have, instead of focusing on the bad, and remember that life is good.
I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving (or Thursday outside the US)!