Well Lookee Here

Posted By on May 17, 2009

I realize this is probably old news. I mean, the book has been out for almost two weeks. But since I didn’t buy my copy until a few days ago (after a snafu with Amazon just not delivering my books to me), this is the first time I’ve been able to share this with you.

See this book?

pretty-in-plaid

I’m sure most of you have already purchased it. And most of you have probably already finished it. But for those of you who haven’t, let me point you to the Acknowledgments of this book:

acknowledgments

(Yes I realize it is blurry. It is HARD to take a photo of a book page that is WHITE.) And right there, at the bottom of the page,

my-name

WOULD BE MY NAME! As in, JEN LANCASTER (BEST-SELLING AUTHOR!) THANKED ME IN HER BOOK!

I wasn’t too sure it could get any better than BEING in the book, like her last book, Such a Pretty Fat. I mean, I was a character in a book, how awesome is that? Pretty damn awesome! And then she went and THANKED ME in her fourth book!

Anyway, obviously I’m super giddy about it. I wasn’t going to mention it because then it would be bragging and then Slynnro would be all “we get it! You know her!” but she’s just a jealous skank because no one is thanking her in their books. Probably because what kind of a name is Slynnro anyway?

Plus, I’m tired from doing stuff this weekend and am too lazy to craft a post with words. I can’t wait until I get back to those weekends where I don’t do stuff. Doing stuff is exhausting. Stuff is fun, but also tiring. Especially when stuff = having early afternoon mimosas. Because then the mimosas will rid you of any desire to do any other stuff.

Mimosas will also give you BAD heartburn. And make you wonder how many Tums are too many. So to help me take my mind off heartburn, tell me, how was your weekend? Was it filled with stuff?

Comments

36 Responses to “Well Lookee Here”

1. Iris Green says:

Yes, I completed the book this weekend, and it was great. It was my first time reading Jen Lancaster. I heard her first 3 books were awesome. That’s really cool about being mentioned in her acknowledgements. If it were me, I’d tell the world. All the best!

2. Amber says:

Wow, I’m impressed! And also, I know at least one book I’ll be taking on holiday with me now :)

Ambers last blog post..Random Act of Stupidity # 639

3. Janice says:

I saw that the other day and was going to make a comment about how jealous I am and how cool that was but then I thought I would sound so dorky. But since there is a post about it… I am so jealous! How cool!

Janices last blog post..wordless wednesday 2: clouds

WE GET IT! YOU KNOW HER!

5. Umm, holy crap, you are famous!! If it were me, I totally would mention it too.

La Petite Chics last blog post..Magical Omelettes

Okay, I’m going to Jen’s book reading tonight, I’m totally going to tell her I’m FRIENDS with you.

(also, I did a lot of stuff this weekend, including visiting my hometown and not running into my mother. Hurray!)

Rhis last blog post..Bullets over Vegas

Hmmmm, seems that someone, I dunno, one of your faithful readers, mentioned this….who could it be???

And yes, I’m totally jealous.

My weekend??? Went to Costco and Sam’s Club (with a break involving adult beverages in between)….went out to a strange biker bar with friends (I was the only one not wearing black and without a tatoo), almost housewife meets Hells Angels–drank adult beverages. Watched Desperate Housewives–drank adult beverages.

Jeez, I’m sensing a pattern here.

Sheris last blog post..Oh Hell, I Dunno!!! I’ll Call This Mom Behaving Badly

8. Funny, I used two friends’ names as characters in my books, and they both got a little freaked out. Since it seems to make you so happy, let me know if you want to be acknowledged in my next book. Easy enough to do–The ink is free–and I probably owe you something for keeping me entertained over the years…

9. Beckie says:

OK 2 things.

1. Is it creepy that I totally got excited for you when I read that??? I just read PIP this weekend and I totally squealed when I saw she thanked you. CONGRATULATIONS!

2. Orange juice is evillllll. When I was pregnant OJ decided to turn on me and cause heartburn that made me wish I could just sleep till it was time for labor. My son turns 10 this month (OMG I’m OLD) and I still. can’t. drink. orange. juice. Which also means no mimosa’s. (tear) I hope whenever you do have kids it works in reverse for you. Maybe pregnancy will cure your heartburn/reflux issues.

10. jodifur says:

I’m so sad I missed her reading in DC. Doug and I made a rule no more books until after we move b/c the boxes of books we have are outrageous and the library doesn’t have any copies and WAH!!!!!! I want to read it.

jodifurs last blog post..Amtrak, You Have Made It On To The List Of Things I Hate

You already know that I live vicariously through you…so you also already know that the day the book came out, I went to Barnes & Noble & read the acknowledgments to see your name, said “squeeeeeeee” quite loudly, had a few tears in my eyes and left.

Thanks again for the book for Mother’s Day. I’m looking forward to reading it and getting used to the footnotes again!!!!!

12. Jennifer R says:

You know, Jen is one of my favorite authors
    I should have pre ordered the book or something, but did not. I went to get it at Borders yesterday but I forgot that it was in hard cover. So now I have to wait and use my amazon credits to get it. So I still don’t have it yet.
    However, she was the one that got me started on reading your blog. Since you are listed in her links section of her blog.

So YAY for your shout out.

Also. Glad that the cat stopped peeing on stuff.

13. As fate would have it, I have my “PIP” copy right here – very cool that you got an acknowledgment. Pay no heed to SLynnRo; I say shout it from the rooftops.

Legallyblondemels last blog post..Signs You Are No Longer Dating, Friends Edition

14. tmc says:

Wowee! That’s so exciting!

tmcs last blog post..I spaced, was admonished, & reassigned

15. THAT IS SO COOL!!!! I’m so excited for you!

Jen on the Edges last blog post..Um…

16. gorillabuns says:

why am i clueless to not know that you were in her last book?

gorillabunss last blog post..five weeks

17. Eileen says:

Squee!!! I share your excitement! I did a dance in the bookstore when I saw my name in there too. I plan to drop it into casual conversation anytime I can.

Eileens last blog post..Stuff

18. Casey says:

I totally noticed that this weekend and turned a few shades of green… envy and all that! I am going on Weds. to see her in SF – so fun. It will be my 2nd annual, drive all the way from Sacramento to meet her and get back at 1am trip. Now I feel like I’m only 3 degrees from the one and only Jen Lancaster!

Congrats,
    Casey – FOH (Friend of Hoddys)

Caseys last blog post..100 Book Challenge: April Update

19. kris says:

You are an effing rock star. Yay for mentions!

20. Hank says:

How cool are you?!

That would be, pretty damn cool.

Pretty cool, KJ.

21. Moose says:

My weekend, it was full of stuff! Sadly, that stuff did not include BEING THANKED IN A BOOK. Harumph. But it did include glitter and mimosas and strangely styled wigs, so there’s that.

Mooses last blog post..Fine

Well, I guess, if I ever get around to writing my book, it won’t be as cool to thank you, since I won’t be there first or anything.

23. jennster says:

THAT is pretty fucking awesome! seriously… that is fucking cool and no fuckers have ever thanked me in a book before! hmph. cd thank you’s, yes. but books? NO!

make it happen thanks.

jennsters last blog post..anyone still shredding?

BE PROUD. I’m proud of being in Danny’s acknowledgments – it’s an honor, yo.

My weekend? Filled with barf and diarrhea. Awesome.

Angellas last blog post..Take That

Damn. And I know you? Do I have to bow and kiss your ring? ;-)

Rees last blog post..MM – Liberty

26. My weekend was WAYYY too full with “stuff” . . . we are in the middle of a major bathroom remoceling, and things are a MESS! Oh well – - it will be finished up soon.

Liz J in Central Illinoiss last blog post..Well! THAT Was Exciting!

27. Well hot dog, Slynnro may not think it’s a big deal, but I’m mighty impressed for what it’s worth! =)

Camels & Chocolates last blog post..Because I’m Not Hard Core Enough to Attempt Burning Man

Very cool!

29. holy shitballs that is AWESOME! Squee!

HollowSquirrels last blog post..A HollowSquirrel Book Club Selection

30. Ann Marie says:

Squee! That is so cool! :)

I’m going to her signing on Friday. I’m bringing a bottle of chardonnay to make up for the fact I haven’t bought the book yet. She would approve, right?

Ann Maries last blog post..Not a "Dear John" Letter

31. Cass says:

I finished this book the other day towards the end of my vacation. Here I was lounging on the bed staring out at the awesome view in Puerto Vallarta when I saw your name and said “hey, BF I read her blog!”

Casss last blog post.."Stress is when you wake up screaming and you realize you haven’t fallen asleep yet"

32. That is pretty impressive! I had mimosas last weekend too. Way too many, then fell down and broke my foot. Good times.

Anonymous New Yorks last blog post..2009, You’re Dead to Me.

I can’t wait to tell someone at a party that I read a blog written by someone that knows Jen and was in two of her books. God, I’ll finally have street cred!

Seriously, though. I’m jealous.

TUWABVBs last blog post..A Bed, A Sandwich and Manbug

34. I just finished the book and was all “oh, holy hell check out Kristabella!”. How cute are you? And then I was all, how much did you pay her???

thecoconutdiariess last blog post..Scenes From A Graduation Trip to NYC

Hi, you’re really famous. I’m glad I ‘met’ (then met) you you early on.

I’m so going to point that out to everyone at work. Her book is on display right now!

Scarlets last blog post..Via Chicago

36. [...] own horn. However. It is far too cool to not mention. After reading Kristabella’s post where she talked about being mentioned in the acknowledgment section of Jen Lancaster’s latest book, I knew that I had to share [...]