Still Tired. And Confused. Now, with Whine!

Posted By on March 11, 2009

I think the universe hates me. It has been a rough week. And from what I can tell, it is only Wednesday. I’m not exactly sure. I’m currently sitting in the Pittsburgh airport, waiting for my DELAYED flight, pretty convinced it is Thursday. That might be because I’m tired and my plans to get home at a decent hour tonight were FOILED by my plane being delayed. I was supposed to take off an hour ago. And since it is an hour flight, that means I SHOULD BE ON THE GROUND RIGHT NOW.

Well, I am on the ground right now. I’m just in the wrong state. I’m stuck in Pittsburgh. And while it is an OK town to come to for a company meeting, I would really like to get home. I really miss my bed. And I didn’t leave a lot of food for the cats.

And then there is the fact that I’m currently coughing. Coughing like I’m trying to expel a small alien child from my lungs. I’m sure this has nothing to do with the fact that I’ve spent quite a lot of time on airplanes in the last week. I’m also sure it has nothing to do with the girl who sat next to me in the meeting all day today, who had an eerily similar cough. Apparently my need to belong is so strong that I can pick up a cold in a few hours time! I RULE! (Seriously, felt fine after lunch, then WHAM! About 4 PM, I got the coughs.)

This is all I can talk about. Because I’m tired and whiny and oh, lawd, could my mom tell you some stories about tired, whiny Kristin. I should have won some sort of contest. Where the prize was a punch in the face, I’d imagine.

And no one will be sympathetic to MY PAIN! I called my brother and tried whining to him and he’s all “Skyler, pick that ice up!” And I’m like “who cares about ice, I’m tiiiirrreeeeddd! WAH! Pay attention to me!”

Is it any wonder I’m still single? Really?

And then my brother was all “I’m tired too. Because I’m unemployed and just TOOK A NAP!” So I had to stop him. Because I have the ground covered on Johnsons and unemployment. You CANNOT play that card with me, sir. Especially since my “unemployed” brother, my brother who was given his notice in February, but then got paid until March 6, but didn’t have to go in to work for those weeks, just got a job. Like literally, he has been unemployed for THREE FUCKING DAYS. And he’s got a job already. Which, YAY! I am very excited about! But also, WAH! I’m tiiiiiirrrreeeeddd! Also, you cannot complain about being unemployed for three days. And choosing to take a week off before you start again. And pocketing your WHOLE severance.

Because I’m STUCK IN PITTSBURGH! And tiiirrreeeeeedddd! And now randomly sick! AGAIN!

See how awesome of a sister I am? But I am really happy for him. I was extra worried for him because he has two kids and my SIL doesn’t work. So I’m glad it all worked out, he got some time off, time to spend with his kids, and now is going back to work at a job he sounds like he will really enjoy. See, I can be nice. It isn’t always complaining and whining up in here.

And hey, at least I’m not talking about breastfeeding.

P.S. I give the Pittsburgh airport MAD PROPS for free WiFi.

Comments

18 Responses to “Still Tired. And Confused. Now, with Whine!”

1. Elizabeth says:

Being stuck in the airport is the suck. But free wi fi, yeah! Actually being left alone for hours with my lap top and free wi fi is kind of my dream right now, but maybe not in Pittsburgh. Here’s hoping you get home soon.

2. paperdiva says:

Last airpot I was in in did not have free wiFi, and that did suck. I have been a whiny mess lately. I blame it on the time change. And girl scout cookies.

This post ranks right up there with old stories to tell about whiney, tired KJ. I can actually hear your voice saying “I’m tiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeddddddddddddddd”.

I hope you got home and went right to bed with that cough. There’s some nasty stuff/flu going around…I had it last week and still don’t feel 100%. Atleast it’s Thursday…Friday would be better but you can make it through the two work days and crash all weekend.

I love you.

4. Jen says:

Being stuck in the airport is the worst! And I hope your cough gets better. Gah! That is so annoying about the girl coughing all through your meeting. I hate it when people show up sick to work because I do not want your germs THANKYOUVERYMUCH. Someone told me that oil of oregano is supposed to be a great preventative measure for coughs/colds – like Cold FX, but more granola.

5. Oh no! I hope you made it home at a decent time.

Dutchess of Kickballs last blog post..Jobby Jobs

When I was commuting back and forth to Pittsburgh, I did some serious, serious shopping damage in their airport. They practically have a mall there! One delay allowed me to get all of my Christmas shopping done! 🙂

TUWABVBs last blog post..The Mystique of Feminine Products

7. Brooke says:

I love whining, reading about whining, whining about why the hell I whine so much.

Brookes last blog post..Sexting (hehe)

8. Christina says:

Whining is a good thing becasue you sometimes need to get thingks off your chest and can only do it in a nasaly way.

Hope that you got home okay!

Christinas last blog post..Bullets

9. Lori says:

I’m so happy that your bro got a job. Mine went on an interview yesterday – so fingers-crossed that he gets one, too!

Loris last blog post..“it’s better to be a pirate…

free wifi? i love pittsburgh now…because you will never find free wifi in the toronto airport.

alis last blog post..typical

11. Moose says:

May I join you in your whining? Not like I need an engraved invitation or anything. I think I’ll just show up. WHINE.

Mooses last blog post..Guess What I Did For 20 Minutes This Evening

12. Kerri Anne says:

I seriously love you. Real whiny (and winey, heh) love. Being sick at airports is like, the sixth circle of hell, right? I can never keep track of those pesky hell circles.

Kerri Annes last blog post..Revenge Of The Birds

13. jen says:

I so dig the Pittsburgh airport. You could have gotten your geek on and played in the arcade (I think it’s in the USAir terminal…).

Late to the show here, but nice breastfeeding reference.

slynnros last blog post..Effing Snaggletooth, AGAIN?

Sorry I am late too. This whole “employed” thing is sucking my Internet time away.

(Also love the breastfeeding reference)

Angellas last blog post..Mad At Dad?

We have free wi-fi in Portland. Also, our airport is consistently voted the BEST in the nation. So, go ahead and book your flight.

Rhis last blog post..Friday Bullets: Once a week is good enough edition

I know of the being stuck in airports. But dude. Free Wifi????!!!!???? More $ for wine. Stopyerbitchin.

Rees last blog post..Haiku Friday – Analysis

18. regan says:

Not that I have an reason to go to Pittsburgh, but yay for free wifi.

I missed the whole breastfeeding debacle and Slynnro had to bring me up to speed. I find that pretty sad.