So Funktified

Posted By on November 24, 2008

Well hello there Internet. How have you been? Did you have a nice weekend? Are you looking forward to the Thanksgiving holiday? Or Thursday as it is known in Canada? Where have I been, you’re wondering? Oh, I have been sleeping.

No really. I had all intentions to post last Thursday night. But then I got home and passed out on the couch. At 7 PM. So I went to bed. I didn’t even turn on my computer or watch Izzy sleep with A DEAD MAN’S GHOST on Grey’s Anatomy. (Hello shark? You’ve been jumped.) I went to bed at 8:30 that night and then slept straight through until 6:45 the next morning. And then on Sunday night I went to bed at 8 PM. I couldn’t keep my eyes open, so I decided that since I was so tired after being up for less than 12 hours, it was probably a good idea to listen to my body and get some rest. Either that or my brain was all “GO TO SLEEP NOW! MUST DREAM OF EDWARD! RAWR! AND YUMMMMM!” (Yes, I saw Twilight on Sunday.)

I’m not sure what my deal is. I’ve been in a bit of a funk since I started working. Last week being my first full, five-day week was rough. On top of just getting used to the whole routine and a new job, etc., I also went out on both Tuesday and Wednesday nights. Old unemployed me didn’t see what the big deal was. Current employed me couldn’t argue with half-price wine. But current employed me regretted all this late-night gallivanting when it became harder and harder to get up every morning and Friday couldn’t come soon enough.

Clearly it caught up with me on Thursday night. And again on Sunday night. Because nothing says exhaustion like a weekend of sitting around watching TV and lusting after fictional teenage vampires.

I think it is the whole getting back in the routine thing that got me down and exhausted this week. Plus last week didn’t start off good, what with only a few hours of sleep to start the week. So this week should automatically be better because I started the week off with 10-plus hours of sleep. Plus, there is a holiday in there. Notice I said A holiday because I have to work on Friday. It’s like being in the NFL all over again.

So tonight I forced myself to do the things I usually do. I went grocery shopping, cooked dinner, did the dishes and made my lunch. I think I just have to force myself into forgetting those two-plus months of sleeping in until 10 AM and lying around all day on the couch. It’s good I drink a lot of alcohol and have killed a lot of brain cells. Those memories should be gone in no time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In other news, last Friday night a few friends and I went to this place called Simply Homemade. It’s one of those places where you can go to assemble homemade meals. They have all the ingredients, you basically throw it all into a bag, slap a label with cooking directions on it and you’re off! (It’s a genius idea, really. And everything is really fresh and organic. And the prices are not too bad.)

Anyway, the mom of a friend of ours is sick. So we thought this would be a good idea to give them some quality meals and they don’t have to worry about preparing and cleaning up. All you have to do for most of them is throw them in the oven and/or crock pot.

We had a lot of fun putting together the meals. Even though, may I suggest, drinking two beers before you go will make you unable to follow simple directions. (Drinking two beers before going might make you want to guzzle the white wine that is in the fridge for one of the sauces too. The guy working at the Simply Homemade kitchen WILL NOT find this funny.)

But we pulled through and figured it out and made eight great meals for our friend and her family.

Now we just have to hope no one is poisoned. Because that sure would be a good gift gone bad, wouldn’t it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And finally, today I participated in The Working Closet Flickr pool (you have to join to see the photos) for the first time and HUZZAH! Slynnro didn’t say mean things about me. (I was convinced her constant pestering of me to participate was all part of her evil plan to shame me on the internet. Like she’s prone to do.)

You should all participate. If only to see my photos in the Magic Slimming Mirror! Who needs diet and exercise when a mirror slims you down with no energy exerted?

Comments

24 Responses to “So Funktified”

It’s barely 7:30am and not a good day….I’m thankful that this week is Thanksgiving and there’s no work for two days.

Yay to you & your friends for making the meals!!!! I would think that would be a most welcome gift, especially considering the situation.

Well, I think you know what’s coming to you if you post again with all your internet badmouthing. I’ve had enough.

slynnros last blog post..Ask Sassy Kay: Volume Two

3. Molly says:

I agree – Izzy and Denny and he’s dead? And her roommates can hear?? CRAZY!

If you think its bad to get up and go to work after being off, I was unemployed for three months, and the job I got hired for doesn’t have an office here, so I am working out of my house. So, not only do I have to get up in the morning and get ready for work, but then I go into the third bedroom and try not to remember that I have 400 channels of digital cable. It makes me so tired that I want to take a nap at 2:30.

Mollys last blog post..I think we’re all being Punk’d

Okay, I’ve had it with that girl. First, she ruins Housewives for you and now this? RUDE!

Rhis last blog post..Out with the old, in with the new

5. Kimberly says:

I went to one of those meal places once. ONCE because after all of my hard work, my family hated all of the meals! ACK

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving. xo

Kimberlys last blog post..Thankful to Stay Put

6. It’s totally the getting back into routine thing that’s sucked the life out of you. I occasionally have an on-site gig, and after a few days in the office I feel like I’ve been operating heavy machinery while taking massive doses of Benadryl. You’ll get back into the swing of things soon!

Amanda Nicoles last blog post..the read baron’s weekend playlist

7. Oh, Grey’s jumped th shark with the whole lesbian “I see leaves!” crap. I support my same-sex brothers and sister but that bitch was kee-ray-zee!

thecoconutdiariess last blog post..All My Exes Live In Text-tas

8. Aww, that’s so nice that you went and made a bunch of meals for your friend’s mom.

nancypearlwannabes last blog post..Testing… Testing…

9. Noelle says:

My friends have a magic slimming refrigerator door. I have trouble not looking at myself whenever I’m in their kitchen

Noelles last blog post..Who needs turkey?

grey’s jumped the shark when meredith died and came back to life. now it’s jumped something way way way worse. what the hell, shonda rhimes?!?!?

alis last blog post..more than a one-armed paper hanger

11. Giggle Pixie says:

That creating your own meals place is so cool! There is a place that’s fairly new here in town that I’ve been meaning to investigate, because I think that’s what they do there. If so, I just have to go try it out. It sounds so fun – plus I’m not ANY kind of a cook on any regular basis, so I never have all the staples I’d need here in the house.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and I’m sure you’ll get back into a routine very soon. Or maybe after the holidays, since there’s lots of holiday partying about to happen!!! 🙂

Giggle Pixies last blog post..The Winds of Fate

12. Elle Charlie says:

Gosh, everyone is doing that homemade meals thing – I really need to hop on that train…

Elle Charlies last blog post..MacCrankipants

13. Marianne says:

You are so cute! And so funny.

Mariannes last blog post..Seasons of Love – 10 Months

See – this is why I still go to bed at 10 pm – even though I’m unemployed. It’s NOT because I’m old. No, really, it’s not.

Rees last blog post..“WTF? Move your knee!”

15. Sarah says:

Dude, where can I get me one of those mirrors?

Man, how do I get in on that “we made my friend” dinner stuff…think of the level of laziness I could achieve…wow!

Melissas last blog post..All I Want For Christmas Is Pilates? Come On, Really?

17. metalia says:

OMG GREY’S. Is anyone actually…still enjoying it? Anyone? Also, I’m intrigued by this Simply Homemade thing. Hmm.

metalias last blog post..My tuition dollars at work

18. Carla says:

Somehow I stumbled upon your site. I am so glad I did. I too signed up for the Working Closet today. I don’t work though, so at least you are one up on me there. I just thought this would motivate me to put actual clothes on…

Oh, and thank you so much for revealing Slynnro’s name to me. I started reading her lately too, and have been stumped.

I wonder how I was so fortunate to find all of you funny ladies just when I needed it most.

19. Jen says:

A special thanks to KJ, as I am the friend for whom she made the meals. Love you (and Edward) and can say that they are not poisoned as we ate one tonight. From the bottom of my heart (and Jamie’s and my Dad’s), thank you for your kindness…

Happy Thanksgiving Mahnee!

20. Dude, I don’t blame you for being tired–working 9-5 is TOUGH! (Which is precisely why I refrain from doing just that! I much prefer the life of a Lady of Leisure…)

I’ve never heard of this Simply Homemade concept, but it is simply genius.

Camels & Chocolates last blog post..Hangin’ Ten

21. Julie says:

You’d better get your rest early this weekend, so you can stay up for the “big” Vikings-Bears game Sunday night. I bet Alary’s will be rawkin’.

I TOTALLY would have taken a swig of the cooking wine.

Angellas last blog post..Playing With Poladroid

23. Jennie says:

thanks for doing all the legwork!
    it looks like such a cool place!

Jennies last blog post..Father’s & Son’s – or – Great-Grandmothers & Mothers & Daughters

24. I used to have a Magic Slimming Mirror. I very nearly wept when I moved across the country and couldn’t justify shipping it. I still think about that mirror more often than is probably healthy.

Laurie | Your Ill-fitting Overcoats last blog post..Mini Vlog: The Weather’s Here, Wish You Were Here, Also