Posted By Kristabella on September 12, 2008
What this post is about.
No, not being unemployed (although I showered today and went out to get my eyebrows waxed and to the library and then came home because the library is overwhelming if you don’t have a list of books you are looking for. So. Many. Books. Thankfully they have free WiFi, so I’m going to be there a lot.)
This post is about my tooth. That is KILLING me. And it happens to be one of the teeth I just had work done on TWO MONTHS AGO. One in which I paid a HEFTY sum to have a crown re-done on it and now it is fucking killing me and I don’t think I can avoid going back to the dentist.
This isn’t the tooth I had the root canal on. This is the one behind it, that has a lovely gold crown on it. The gold crown I paid FULL PRICE for, because I had reached my maximum with my dental insurance. The gold crown that sits upon a tooth that hurts and is sensitive to hot and cold of which I’m convinced is going to need its own root canal.
Here’s where I freak the fuck out and start hysterically sobbing.
- Like I said, I had to pay full price for this crown. Because I reached my maximum, it is like not having dental insurance.
- I had this crown put on 2 months ago. The day before I left for BlogHer. It is NEW.
- My tooth could not have gone to hell in TWO MONTHS.
- The dumbass dentist was rooting around in there, knew it was sensitive, but said it just needed a filling. I didn’t question her because I AM NOT A DENTIST.
- I can’t wait until January to get this fixed.
- Guess I know where my severance is going.
- I am avoiding calling them because I’m pretty sure they can’t save the crown. So that means the $1000 I have paid for this one, ALL DOWN THE GOD DAMNED DRAIN.
*Cue the hysterical sobbing*
I know there are worse things in the world, but for once in the last year, I would like the right side of my jaw to not be in throbbing pain. I paid (and still owe) a lot of money to this dentist, the least they could do was do it right.
Now I’m at a crossroads. Because I have no dental insurance and my asshat dentist has all my files and knows the history, I am leaning towards going back to them. Because I’m hoping (nay, praying) they will cut me some kind of break. Because this is THEIR FAULT. I am determined of that fact. A tooth doesn’t rot in 2 months with a crown on it and I don’t eat candy like it is going out of style. This is so pre-existing. And they also let me pay off my balance at my own pace.
But on the other hand, I hate them. They make me cry. And I know going to a new dentist will require all the preliminary stuff of X-Rays, etc., things that will cost more money. And I just can’t have this cost any more money than it is already going to.
I would so love to know what I did to a dentist in a former life because the Dental Gods hate me.
And now back to my regularly-scheduled sobbing.