Little Bit Of Dis, Little Bit Of Dat

Posted By on June 9, 2008

Tonight, I logged into my blog admin site and imagine my surprise when I found out some loyal reader (thanks Sarah!) nominated my blog for a Blogger’s Choice Award! Now, I know that I can never win when I’m nominated with fucking Dooce, but really, it is honor to be nominated. So, if you are so inclined to throw a little love my way, feel free to click on the link on the right and vote for me. Or you can vote here or here.

Or not. I still love you. Maybe.

And then I also noticed that the one of the posts I submitted to the War Child charity book that Peach organized was chosen to be PUBLISHED IN THE BOOK! So I’m technically “published”! How awesome is that? Now if I can just remember what I submitted!

(Upon further review, I submitted this one for my 30th birthday and this one about being hypnotized.)

Anyway, go buy the book here. Proceeds from the sales of the book will go to War Child, an organization that helps children who have been affected by the devastation of war.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In other news, I bought myself something tonight that I can’t really afford. I BOUGHT A NEW CAMERA!

I’ve been in the market for a new one, and since things are a tad slow at work right now, I spent Friday researching what I want and what I could afford. I WANT a DSLR, but know nothing about taking photos out of the Auto mode. So, Raven helped me and told me about the Canon Powershot S5, which is a step up from regular compact digital cameras and a step below a DSLR. And let me tell you, I LOVE IT ALREADY!

It’s just sad that all I can take photos of are my stupid cats. Because I’m too lazy to get off the couch. All these photos were taken from the comfort of my couch, with my ass making a nice imprint.

A photo of my kitchen table from the couch. Kitty Kitty is sleeping under the chair.

And here is how far it zoomed! Kitty Kitty napping underneath my jeans drying on the chair, near some pieces of litter strewn about because her owner is a LAZY WHORE WHO NEVER CLEANS.

I’m in lurve. I may not be able to afford it, but I love my new camera all the same. Now I need to just learn me how to use it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And finally, my friend Betsey, who is awesomely talented (if you don’t believe me, check out her Etsy shop Buzz Loves), made some designs for our Shut Your Fucking Meat Face shirts.

Here are the two finalists, according to me. I am leaning towards the second option and taking out the word fucking, since I don’t know how appropriate it is on the shirt.

But maybe we tweak it to “Shut Your Effing Meat Face”?

Let me know your thoughts!

Comments

36 Responses to “Little Bit Of Dis, Little Bit Of Dat”

1. Nancy says:

Yeah on the new camera!

I like WWBD #2 =)

Nancy’s last blog post..Quinn, Bently, Lola

2. witchypoo says:

I voted. for each category. I like the second design better than the first.

witchypoo’s last blog post..June Peep

You know my vote already :)

As for the blog vote thing, I’m not sure I can vote for you without some serious hardcore campaigning. I need a kickass speech that makes me want to jump to my feet with tears in my eyes and goosebumps on my arms…or you could go the other route, I suppose, and be a whiney, condescending biatch that makes me want to punch you in the throat.

Gee…do you think I have spent too much time watching the democratic race for the presidency? I blame the husband.

Raven’s last blog post..domination, one blog threat at a time

I want to be a total chicagoan and vote for you early and often but I can’t log on to the voting website. I’ll have to spend some time on this later.

WTF? I finally got signed in to vote for your blog and, what’s this? You can only vote once? Ever? Or per day? How un-American!

6. Ashmystir says:

YAY on the camera. I love my SLR. =)

Ashmystir’s last blog post..you know the drill…

7. moo says:

I like the wheel of bacon.

I wouldn’t mind the fucking (lol, HOO BOY) but it’s ok to take it out too.

Congrats on being nominated AND published!

moo’s last blog post..photo challenge, peekaboo & dirty

I love #1, but you’re right. Probably #2 would be better for actual, y’know, sales. ;-)

Jealous of the new camera.

Ree’s last blog post..Seriously? Me?

9. michele says:

kitties!
    i like the wheel o bacon as well. also, keeping the f word off a shirt helps its wearability. i don’t care what adult sees me, but i am not terribly interested in teaching anyone’s kids the f word. seems wrong.
    down with dooce.

michele’s last blog post..I Was Told There’d Be Cake

oooh…new camera…*drool*

ali’s last blog post..worth it. totally.

Congrats on both, hon. You deserve it.

Candy’s last blog post..Talk About Leaving You Hanging…

Hey, I realized I was too busy being snarky to say what I should’ve said.

Congrats! That covers all things in this post congrats-worthy. :)

Raven’s last blog post..mistaken identity

13. Jenn says:

Dooce better watch out. I just voted for you and got you moved from page 21 to page 16! Of course, I vote for shirt number 2 and I think everyone that buys one should send in a photo wear it. (unrelated sidenote: I went to NAU!)

Jenn’s last blog post..Red Pill, Blue Pill

14. Lori says:

Congrats on being published! I vote for WWBD #2 -has a nice collegiate look to it. :)

15. Mouncie123 says:

Love the new Camera!!!!
    I vote shirt #2
    You being published was only a matter of time!
    And really you didn’t kiss much public butt to get the votes now did ya?? OK I will vote anyway only cause I luv ya!

16. omg… I LOVE wwbd! LOL!

And great camera! I’m trying to justify buying myself one. I’m not sure I’ve earned it yet.

17. Laurel says:

Logo #2 is awesome!!

Hmm… I want to buy AS a digital camera for his birthday. He wants a point and shoot, I contend that I have a point and shoot, so he should get something fancier to round out our joint collection. Maybe your camera is the trick!

Laurel’s last blog post..Roommate Week: Part One

18. Lys says:

Ok – both you and Hot in the book. That’s AWESOME! I will definitely be purchasing a copy.

I’m leaning towards Logo #2 with the effin’ substitution.

I just got a small tiny camera that can be hidden in tiny purse. That camera you got is fabulous.

Lys’s last blog post..Cha-Cha-ing the Night Away…

19. Lys says:

BTW – votes submitted :) Good Luck!

Lys’s last blog post..Cha-Cha-ing the Night Away…

20. Congrats on all your fun news! You deserve it.

She Likes Purple’s last blog post..Clarity

21. Fairy Godmother says:

CONGRATULATIONS KRISTABELLA!!!!!!!

22. kir says:

First of all, props on buying a Canon! They make some great cameras! And secondly, I’ll vote for you, because I’m all non mainstream like that.

kir’s last blog post..Earthtones

23. Dingo says:

The second one, definitely! Maybe throw in a scratch and sniff decal and call it perfect! Mmmm…bacon.

Dingo’s last blog post..98 Degrees and No Nick Lachey

24. […] vote on your favorite bacon t-shirt! I helped her design some bacon-y goodness t-shirts and if you’re lucky, she’ll put […]

YAY. I love Bacon Shirt #1. Also, maybe effing meat face would be better, in case you know I want to wear the shirt in front of my grandmother :)

Rhi’s last blog post..Cooking for One: I’m an over-achiever

1. I’ll vote for you. Will you vote for me?
    2. HOORAY for a new camera. Even better that it’s a Canon.
    3. Both Bacon shirts are hilarious.

*Runs off to vote*

Angella’s last blog post..Relisted

YAY for Canon! I’m such a Canon whore. I just got the XTi-love!

Scarlet’s last blog post..Decent Days And Nights

28. I vote Bacon logo #1!

29. Coast Rat says:

Congratulations on the new camera! Hope it brings you a lot of enjoyment.

I vote for #2.

Coast Rat’s last blog post..ANOTHER YEAR GONE – BIRTHDAY TIME!

30. Maybe you could do a reversible thing and have the inside be OKAY-FOR-WORK and the other side be AWESOME (with swears and everything)

The Over-Thinker’s last blog post..And then I sprayed my hair PINK….that it all.

31. awesome on being nominated…it’s an honor, really. :) I prefer the first bacon shirt. YES. BACON LOVES ME.

I think the heat might be affecting my brain.

Also? You’re published?! YEEEEhaw!

HollowSquirrel’s last blog post..Oh if only we’d videotaped it.

32. Helmet says:

you got Helmey’s vote!!

Helmet’s last blog post..Current events with Helmey

33. Helmet says:

you got Helmey’s vote!

Helmet’s last blog post..Current events with Helmey

34. rye says:

Awesomeness and congrats all around!! :)

rye’s last blog post..the smell

35. Sarah says:

Your Kitties are SO cute! The first one kinda looks a little like you.
    Also, I like Bacon #1.

Sarah’s last blog post..Nostalgia Week–The High School Years

36. Matt says:

See, I find that pets make the ideal subject for photography-experimentation, for several reasons:

1) They put up with it

2) They don’t want to be allowed to review all photos and insist you delete the ones where they don’t look good

This is why, if you look at my Flickr, I have more pictures posted of my dog than I do of my wife.